Level 1: Cadet

New line connection contractor fees

Hi Telstra,
Can you help me please. I requested a new phone land line connection for my new home that i just finished building. That is, i need new physical cable to be laid from the telstra pit to the property. I have agreed to the telstra fee and have no issues with paying the telstra fees associated with the new connections but your subcontractor is sending me a separate invoice (in addition to your fees) in order to commence the works. They've told me that they wont commence the work required until I deposit the funds into their account. This sounds dodgy and I dont beleive I should be invoiced separately by subcontractors. Can someone please help me as i need to get the line connected asap.
thanks!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: New line connection contractor fees

Hi AndyAndy,

If you require pit work to be done Telstra has contractors that will need to do this work first and are charged separately. Once this is done then we can organize for a Telstra technician to connect up your service to complete the job.

You have the option of choosing another contractor in your area to complete this work so we can organize the rest for you to get your services up and running.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 3: Gumshoe

Lead-in cable and pipe/conduit work & materials is included in the Telsta new line activation fee. Everything is included in the price up to the first socket in a typical house senario, excluding the trenching required to actually do it.

So the contractor should only be charging for the trench. Telstra pays the contractor for everything else to the first socket.

If a customer wants more sockets, for example, when the contractor is there then the contractor can negotiate prices seperately.

Alternatively, once the service is activated, Telstra can create work orders to have certain work performed, such as fixed price socket installs....

Level 1: Cadet

I had the same issue and they told me i needed to use a private contractor i ened up using a company called SECURE A COM and they got my lead in installed quick and cheap. Give them a call or check out there website.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more