Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

New line not connected

Brand new house, copper in the conduit from inside the house to sticking out of the ground 1 m away from the pit, Telstra techs have come out and told me there is no asbestos in the pit, trying to connect a new ADSL service, but Telstra won't connect the copper to the pit. I have been waiting for months. Do something about it please, the copper is about 60cms from where it needs to be - please connect it so I can use phone/internet at this new home. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: New line not connected

Hi WesternRat, I hope a connection can be provided for you soon. If you have an order in place at the moment which is being investigated then the Activations teams on 13 22 00 would be the best point of contact for assistance - you can also lodge a formal complaint via the options outlined at http://goo.gl/WurpB for a case manager to investigate and help follow up on the connection work.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Western Rat

I've found myself in the same boat.  We have a new house that we can't get connected due to an asbestos pit out the front.  The runaround I have received from Telstra is just disgusting.  I have a "case manager"  who is completely clueless.  And thats a generous description.

After being bounced around to various areas and 1 1/2 hours on the phone this morning I've been told that a webform has been completed requesting the pit to be replaced, however, this will take months. I've requested to speak to someone regarding the timeframe and apparently someone from the Asbestos Team will call me back but it won't be for 24 hours.

I am completely incredulous at how ineffecient Telstra are in their processes and how difficult it is to get any answers from them.  Once my phoneline is connected I'll be doing my darndest to move all business to another provider.

Telstra, you deserve your appalling reputation.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

I appreciate how frustrating this has been for you, Appalled and we definitely want to get this sorted for you.

I am just going to send you a PM so we can work on this for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Hi Appalled, 

Good to hear (well, it's not good actually) that there are others in the same predicament, getting the shaft from Telstra. And don't bother with their "Asbestos" hotline, as all they will do is call you back and apologise for not being able to give you a more definite time frame.

One of the contractors came around a few weeks ago to do some other work on the site - said he has a list 8 pages long (with 25 sites on each page) where all he has to do is connect the copper to the pit, but he can't because of the asbestos/fibre debacle. It will also mean he has to organise an available time slot with each account holder and drive all around the city, just to spend 5 minutes on each and every site connecting the copper up once the head honcho gives him the go ahead. Yeh, he sounded royaly pissed at Telstra for giving him the shaft too...

Highlighted

So the ISGM contractor came out and fed one copper line through the existing conduit in the pit - all that is required now is to connect the copper cable up, but still no connection possible from Telstra. Moreover, the Telstra tech scheduled to visit on Monday was canceled without providing me any notification, despite me scheduling a day off work so I could be home - pretty poor service Telstra.

Expect a written complaint to arrive soon, and the matter raised with the Telecoms Ombudsman. Merry Christmas.

Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

It is disappointing that you were not notified of a change to the appointment, this is certainly an expectation. Where you given a new appointment time? If not I would suggest speaking to us on 13 22 00 so my colleagues can confirm the details for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more