C689315
Level 1: Cadet

New service install to granny flat

I need to install a new lead-in a new conduit ( the existing conduit is to small) to provide a service to a granny flat (at the rear of an existing property) my tenant is organising this through TPG,.. However, they were lot able to advise on a timeframe stating it could take up to 6 months (ridiculous)
I also work for Telstra,... Can I just engage telstra/someone to do the pit and pipe work myself,....

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
ScottBarratt
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: New service install to granny flat

Hi!

As far as I'm aware, no you cannot do this, however give our preprovisioning team a buzz on 1800895319 and we can provide some clarification.

Cheers 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

C689315

Thanks Scott,.. The pre-provisioning number was helpful
C689315

Service to a granny Flat

What rule (or regulation) has changed that now requires a separate dedicated conduit and cable to a granny flat. It is not a subdivision, just an outbuilding on an existing property,.. Why are ISGM making me pay $2000 to provide a new service, when there is an existing cable that I can tap into,...
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Service to a granny Flat

I would suggest taking a look at the following link:

http://www.telstra.com.au/smart-community/download/document/017153a07-telstras-lead-in-trenching-req...

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Esh1

I have the same problem and I'm getting a 404 for this page
Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

The Telstra website has been shuffled around since my earlier post in 2014. You can now find it here: https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/help/pdf-b/leadin-trenching-requirements-0609.p...

- Shelly

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more