Haita
Level 1: Cadet

No ETA from ISGM for home phon connection

Please help.

We have had nothing but delay after delay to have phone line connected to our new home built since Feb. There was overhead line connected to the old house which was demolished to build the new house.

We organised the connection through iiNet since mid Feb. We originally asked if the new line can be connected undergound, before we were informed of the work, contractor was organised to lay the lead in to the house, we turned up one day and saw a new pit in place and mark on the ground leading to the house and conduit connected to a box on the wall, needless to say, we were ecstatic at the time. A technician then turned up trying to activate the line without success, he then told us that there is no phone line connected from across the road to the pit and would organise to have it connected, this was early March, since then nothing has happened. iiNet has informed us that the matter is with ISGM for last 3 weeks and there is no ETA, we are not able to move in without internet access or home home phone.

We certainly did anticipate such complication to have a simple phone line connected in an establish area (Springvale)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Renee
Support Team
Support Team

Re: No ETA from ISGM for home phon connection

Heya Haita,

As you are obtaining your connection through another provider, we are unable to look into this further.

Appreciate your provider has advised that it is in the hands of ISGM, however this is outside the scope of support we provide via CrowdSupport, Facebook, Twitter and Live Chat.

The support we provide is for Telstra Consumer and Business customers, I do apologise.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Haita
Level 1: Cadet

Many thanks for your prompt response, however I am told Telstra owns the line, iiNet only help organising it so there nothing they can do. It seems the engagement process has been designed to avoid any party can be hold accountable, this is extremely frustrating; iinet says it's Telstra's responsibility; Telstra says it's with ISGM and so on, iinet says there's nothing they can do and so does Telstra whole sale.

If I were to cancel the application to iinet and re apply to Telstra retail, would it a difference?
ShannonD
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Haita,

I'd wouldn't expect there to be

It would be the same time frames in regards to connection & the only difference I could see, is that you would be with a different provider. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more