Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

No NBN box at rental property

Answered

Hi. I'm in a rental just now. Suburb is NBN ready. Owner not willing to pay for NBN installation. It's a short term rental. There is a Foxtel point. What are my options to get on the NBN or can I just use ADSL.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: No NBN box at rental property

If the area has been declared NBN ready, then new ADSL connections can't be made.

Enter your address in the nbnco.com.au website to see what technology type is being used at your address. If it's FTTN, then it uses the same connection as ADSL. If it's HFC, then it uses the same connection as Cable (Foxtel - assuming the Foxtel isn't a Satellite connection).

The cost of telecommunications connections in most jurisdictions is the responsibility of the tenant (if there is existing connection infrastructure that needs maintenance, then that is the landlords responsibility - change of tech for NBN isn't considered maintenance).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

If the area has been declared NBN ready, then new ADSL connections can't be made.

Enter your address in the nbnco.com.au website to see what technology type is being used at your address. If it's FTTN, then it uses the same connection as ADSL. If it's HFC, then it uses the same connection as Cable (Foxtel - assuming the Foxtel isn't a Satellite connection).

The cost of telecommunications connections in most jurisdictions is the responsibility of the tenant (if there is existing connection infrastructure that needs maintenance, then that is the landlords responsibility - change of tech for NBN isn't considered maintenance).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Jupiter

Do you know how to search on the move request with a MV prefix.

Thanks. The serches I've tried don't recognise that.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more