CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Pit Damage -

Hi

I live in an apartment block of 15 units. Outside our Unit, we have the Pit of cabling in the common garden. The Pit has been damaged over many years and as you can see from the pictures needs fixing and replacing. After heavy rainfall, the internet would go down for the whole block. After a recent fix, the engineer seemed to just re-wrap the bag covering the wires with tape. I'm not sure this the answer to fixing the issues. 

Speaking to a live chat today the report said 

ACM B pit broken
Walls cracked and collapsing
Damage is due to natural cause
Lid is ok
needs to be replaced
no trip hazard
Completion Status: Complete

I don't think it is complete looking at it. Its only a matter of rain or tapering before it is damaged again. Could some advice on what steps I need to take to get this fixed. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Pit Damage -

The technician who attended would have checked to make sure that it is not a hazard to pedestrians and to submit a report to the network team for a more permanent repair. This is why it is showing that it has been completed.  Unfortunately, we cannot advise how long it will take before the planning and approvals are completed for the pit to be replaced. - Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more