JeffMarni
Level 1: Cadet

Plan of Subdivision entering into agreement for telecommunication services for issue of Compliance

I am an Owner completing a two lot subdivision. 

The Planning Permit Conditions for Plan of Subdivision issued by Council requires the Owner to enter into an agreement with:

(a) a telecommunications network or service provider for the provision of telecommunications services to each lot; and

(b) a suitable qualified person for the provision of fibre ready telecommunication facilities to each lot.

I have registered my details with NBN Co. and waiting to hear from them whether they can connect NBN infrastructure to each lot of the new Subdivision based on the Parent address. Council have allocated new street addresses for both lots of the subdivision for the purposes of arranging new connections

I have the following questions: 

1. Do I need to complete any forms with Telstra directly eg. registering the development details for the purposes of progressing the new subdivision for new connections?   

2. Will my Builder arrange new connections directly with NBN and Telstra via its contractor?   

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Plan of Subdivision entering into agreement for telecommunication services for issue of Complian

That is all done through NBN Co. Telstra only acts as a retailer for new developments.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more