Curtis2
Level 1: Cadet

porting from Vodafone

Been waiting for over a week to port my number from Vodafone. Spoken to many operators and Telstra has now sent me two sim cards! How long will this take?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: porting from Vodafone

The porting process will be instigated by Telstra and unfortunately they are performing below par at present for many reasons, but a week to get it done seems a bit too long...   If you have a reference number for  the request to move from Voda to Telstra, or any other references (always ask for one)..  use those during any communication with Telstra about the matter as it keeps pushing them to look at the original order and subsequent interactions...  if you get no success or help through My Telstra app | Get Help | Chat (blue icon).. type in 'Speak to a human' to get into a message que for someone to respond to you..  you can also convert the chat to a complaint..  or just start a complaint at  https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

over the last couple of weeks I have had responses from the assigned complaint manager in 1 or 2 days (quicker than Customer Support can do apparently) with positive outcomes..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more