GaryBeCool
Level 1: Cadet

Porting question

Hey guys, I recently (about a week ago) moved over three mobiles from Optus to Telstra, via JBHiFi. All signed up, the phones all worked within minutes, all good. I created a Telstra account using the same details, and signed in, but I'm not seeing my services or a way to add them. If I sign in from any of the mobiles I see that mobile only, listed as the only service - no options to manage it or switch, no button or option to add new services. If I sign in from a laptop I see no services at all. I have tried calling Telstra but I get the 'we're really busy' message before it directs me to the app then hangs up. I have also tried speaking to support in the chat bot, and although I can get through to someone I have only had long confused conversations that don't find any solution, followed by 'we'll raise a ticket and someone will call you back', which hasn't yet happened. Any advice or similar issues? I know Telstra is pushing hard for self service and I'd be more than happy to self-serve my way out of this mess, but no way to do so as far as I can tell. What's also worrying me is I switched over the NBN too, around the same time - again it's not appearing in the app, I've so far received two modems, but no phone working, the order is listed as 'completed' on the tracking link but support keep telling me to 'wait for a call'. So overall, I'm sweating a little that I've just moved all my eggs into one non-responsive crazy basket. Any support or ideas gratefully received!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
RA110

Re: Porting question

Same problem here.  App doesn’t work (several months now) - only shows one service.  No bills showing either.   Telstra  won’t take phone calls. 
I’m trying to upgrade 2 mobile plans to 5G and can’t.   
Perhaps Andy Penn should pretend he is a customer like us , try using the app and see how poorly run Telstra is !

GaryBeCool

Ah man, 

that's not good news - seems like there isn't going to be an easy fix for this. On the NBN front, it's insane - I completed one order on the Telstra site, received a modem the next week, plugged it in, and all good. But no phone service, so contacted them in chat. Took three attempts before an agent finally found out that - there was NO order. So I had to complete a second order. Second modem turned up next day. But, still no phone. Contacted them today and... you guessed it, the agent couldn't find an order. 

Still no services in the app. I am thinking that if I don't get any resolution within the next 48 hours I am going to go back and cancel all the new services, and try and return to Optus - this is just nuts.

IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @GaryBeCool,

Have you had an update regarding the fix for your Telstra My Account access at this stage? Has a total reset of the Telstra ID been tried so you can register again? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

GaryBeCool

Hi,

Okay, I contacted Telstra support several times, and had no less than 4 chat agents ‘hang up’ - you are talking to them, they say something like ‘I’ll look into this, give me 15 minutes’, and you wait. Then, after maybe 20 mins or so you say ‘Hey are you still there?’ And you realise you are back to Kodi that chatbot asking how he can help. I eventually gave up and registered a complaint.

Two days later they contacted me re the complaint and said the only reason the services weren’t appearing in the app was that the services hadn’t completed being provisioned yet. They promised they would be provisioned before the end of this week.

With the NBN that did work out, but still no mobiles showing by today, two weeks after switching. So I went into the Telstra store, and within ten minutes they had solved the problem. The great young woman there figured out that they had connected the mobiles to a new bigpond email they had set up for me (for which I didn’t have either the mobile or password). She reset the password on that, logged into the account, and hey presto, services. 

So now it seems like all will be well - but it took just ten minutes of checking, where half a dozen other Telstra people couldn’t solve the problem in two weeks.

Oh, how happy I feel to have switched...

RyanH
Support Team
Support Team

OK thank you this information Gary, I am really glad our team in store were able to turn this around for you. We appreciate your pursuing of this, if you have any questions we are only a message away.

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more