Saxman
Level 1: Cadet

Reserve number for future re-install

Answered

Is it possible to cancel service but reserve the exisiting ph number for future use?

We have built a new home. Landline will not be install for a year. Current number is redirected to mobile - but do not really need that expensive service and the fees for maintaining the service. 

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Reserve number for future re-install

Yes, you can get a number reservation, it is about $10 per month or you can do groups of months in advance and it is a bit cheaper, I think from memory it was ~$66 for a full year that way.

Best bet is to call 132200 and say "disconnect" between 8:30am and 9pm ADST and they will be able to sort it out for you.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
DrQ
Accepted Solution

Re: Reserve number for future re-install

Yes, you can get a number reservation, it is about $10 per month or you can do groups of months in advance and it is a bit cheaper, I think from memory it was ~$66 for a full year that way.

Best bet is to call 132200 and say "disconnect" between 8:30am and 9pm ADST and they will be able to sort it out for you.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more