Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

service outages

Hi- Please forward this to someone in Australia who can at least ring me and also follow through with a promise

Please note- this is my experience so far during the past 5 days

I have had considerable access problems during the past 5 days due to Telstra service management issues. 

I moved homes on the 25/02 FROM MEREWETHER HEIGHTS to Medowie and had pre arranged 3 weeks prior to the move for Telstra to give a TOTAL MOVE i.e. all services connected for $399.00. I did this thinking that I would need to be on line quickly without any difficulties. However, unbenowns to me, the area I have moved to has had major problems in the past week- Medowie-  continues to have major interruptions. 

Case ID Comp SRI-726080156982 ; 

Case MOV-313282; 

ref 159355150

I finally have secured a dongle after having been off air for everything- phone, email, mobile, broadband adsl, Foxtel, Free to Air TV since 25/02. 

Telstra advises all will be OK 3/3/2016.

The Dongle is now working- it has taken 2 days to get on to the network even with this.

As I have been give at least 6 restoration times / dates in the past 5 days,  I don't believe this will actually happen on or by the 3rd March. 

I have had no Free to Air TV,ADSL, Internet, Mobile service (restored 2 days ago) , Foxtel. Some may think this may be a blessing- to be tech switch off!! However, my job depends on this access and right now it is in jeopardy as I agreed to be online at least every 24 hours if not more.

That's why I bought a Dongle USB. Telstra initially informed me that I would have to pay for and recharge the Dongle after 3GIG use- now they have given me 16 GIG after I lost all again this morning at 3am.

********I have been a customer of Telstra for 40 years- Telco, Telecom, TelPacific now Telstra. I am also a past employee of Telstra.

*****I am also currently enrolled in online course through Curtin and New England Unis- all of which started last week. Expectations were that I complete units of work starting from 25/02. I have only just gotten online.

********I also teach, through a few Australian Unis- Swinburne Online, The University of Newcastle, Souther Cross and Charles Darwin Unis. I teach trainee teachers across Australia & NZ ,  so I am pretty stressed about all this right now. I usually go through at least 20 GIG ever 5 days so you might understand my angst with the situation at the present moment.

Attached is a reply from Telecommunications Ombudsman which I submitted in response to my current difficulties. 

NOTE:

I have spoken to 26 different frontineTelstra consultants during the past 5 days, 4 Complaints frontline consultants and 7 different substitute / relieving case managers, as well as 6 different original "Case Managers” who apparently have total access and exclusive comms as others (T front line consultants and relieving Case Manager)  are discouraged from giving any further information. 

I have their names, 'D' numbers and times if you'd like evidence of this farce. 

As a previous employee of Telstra, I also know that anyone ringing up for a reschedule goes to the bottom of the queue- that's how Siebel and the other scheduling systems work. The restoration time of 3/2 will also be the 8th restoration time / date given in the past 5 days. Even at 3.00am this morning- after speaking with Technical Support- and fiddling around with the USB Dongle yet again- the tech, Bruce assured me that they would ring back in an hour to check the service- I’m still waiting. 

One “Telstra Complaints Manager- Alma assured me that she’d give me an email stating that Telstra was at fault so i could apply for support from my work and the Unis I am doing course with.. It hasn’t appeared and I now have a new Manager….Kerry

Not one has been able to give me a satisfactory answer as to my problem until yesterday when I was told that there was 'battery' on the line and all restored by 3/03. As a previous Telstra employee this was like a wet fish slap in the face. 

'Battery' resolutions usually takes about 30 minutes to rectify. It is actually, once detected- one of the 'easiest' faults to fix.

Cheers,

Sue Purvis

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: service outages

Hi Sue,

If you have a case manager assigned they are the best person to speak with to follow this up further. I have sent your case manager an email asking them to contact you 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more