Dannyle
Level 3: Gumshoe

Service suspended, at my wits end

Day 5 since they have suspended all my services though I had a payment extension in place.

Over the days chatted to several people on their app all saying service should be back after 2-4 hours.

called up on day 3 and was told they only raised a ticket recently to get it lifted and provided the ref number

day 4 to 5 was told again it’s waiting in the system.

I requested the telstra app chat transcript

to be sent to me and my case manager to get in touch. So far nothing.

what can I do who can I speak to next.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
21 REPLIES 21
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Service suspended, at my wits end

Hi Dannyle. 

That's no good. 

Send us a private message on our Facebook or Twitter page and we can help get you some further assistance here. 

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Dannyle

Tommy, I have done that hence I’m posting on here for further visibility, here’s a summary of activities:

- lodged several complaints

- chatted to over 10 different people on app each telling me it should work within 2-24 or 24-48 hours over the last 6 days and some saying they have escalated the issue and some just ignored me

- spoken to 5 different people on the phone saying they can’t do anything

- messaged telstra via Facebook messenger no response

I have been overall patient with everyone but as my post title I’m at my wits end. 
should I walk into the Telstra building in Sydney near my workplace and ask for someone to get some help?

Dannyle

Day 7 of no internet.

was told I would be contacted by a case manager today, no one called

given a new ticket number again through support alleging another 24-48 hours....

so much for essential service in a work and study from home environment with multiple children in uni at home.

has anyone else have had telstra so quickly suspend their service and taking almost a week now to try and unsuspend it? Where do I go to now? I need some advice.

ShannonD
Support Team
Support Team

With complaints, you usually receive contact within 5 business days of them being raised. Your complaint was raised on 31/03/2021. While you can expect contact as soon as possible, with the public holidays, I'd expect this to occur during this week. If for some reason you haven't heard by close of business this coming Friday. Please let us know on Facebook & we'll be able to follow this up for you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Dannyle

Shannon, not the assurance I was previously provided about the call back,

also I’m more interested in knowing why my internet is still not working from initial contact and request 7 days ago via 24/7 app and how to resolve it.

Dannyle

This is day 8 of you guys suspending my internet and not turning it back on and no contact from my case manager.
Case numbers {removed for privacy}.

Dannyle

It is now Friday still no contact no proper updates about my internet service since last Tuesday 

come on it’s been almost 10 days...I assume no one is going to sort this out over the weekend either...?

Dannyle

Now Sunday no one has contacted me on Friday as promised and still no internet.

please advise

Dannyle

Hi,

over 2 weeks no and still no internet can someone please let me know what is going on rather than the usual “someone will contact you” or “someone is working to get your issue resolved ASAP” excuse?

now that you’ve also shaped the 4g on one of my mobiles and requests to unshape has not been actioned I am left very little option.if this is a extended April fools joke then haha... very funny. Let’s put things back to normal now please

AntoO
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Dannyle.

As crowdsupport is a public forum I can't really go into much detail or disclose any information about your case here as we'd be breaching our rules around customer privacy. If you can reach out to us over Facebook or our other socials we can take you through our authentication process and look into this one for you.

- Anto

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Dannyle

No, I have done that and gotten nothing for the last two weeks

- you all tell me “someone will contact me tomorrow”

- you all tell me “they are working hard on the issue”

- you do not provide any etas

- you shaped my 4g when I don’t have internet

- you do not take the submitted complaints seriously. Look at this thread history about someone that was supposed to contact me

- you do not allow me to cancel my internet and go with another provider

- your Facebook mob forwards me to tech support who request my details over and over and don’t provide any answers

- because you shaped 4g on the mobile I leave at home for the kids to attend classes now they cant

- I requested it be unshaped 2 days ago it wasn’t done.

I don’t know what more to say about Telstra hence I’m posting in here in a more public forum for visibility so hopefully someone who can help comes along before I have to result to more legal action.

im happy for you to disclose details of my case in this forum in this instance. So I am asking nicely, please provide some answers

Dannyle

Can someone please help...

MY case manager named Carla has made contact however I am told my service has suspended because Telstra had rejected payment i made on the 1st of April?

Checking again i have a receipt number and money was taken from my bank account already, then i am told i have to call my bank and dispute the transaction (which can take up to a month) get the money back in my bank account, go to a Telstra store and pay that same amount again...this sounds completely BS and I don't see how this is my problem.

Anyway I went to the Telstra store and the people there checked for me and says there's no reason my service should be suspended and that my balance is $0 which means Telstra has already received the payment and also says my case manager is full of it.

Attempts at trying to contact case manager again by phone and email have failed.

Please have someone else contact me to resolve this matter.

Dowser
Level 20: Director

If your balance is $0 then it sounds like your payment was accepted.

Fill out the self explanatory form at https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Advise-Telstra-of-a-payment

Dannyle

Already did that mate right after I made the payment on the 1st of Apr, the issue is on Telstra side with my internet service being stuck in "provisioning" status to be reactivated for almost 3 weeks now

Dowser

You mentioned that the “Telstra building in Sydney (is) near my workplace”.

I suggest that you contact them and make an appointment to see the manager. They might be able to contact the right person in ‘back of house’.

Dannyle

Yeah tried that, unfortunately it was a corporate building and they asked me to go through the complaints handling process (which has already been SLA breached by lack of action from Telstra and false solutions) or go to Melbourne.

Also asked them to freeze my upcoming direct debit until this is resolved and proper compensation is negotiated but they said I will be charged for it lol...can't believe they want to charge for something that hasn't worked in 3 weeks.

If TIO cant resolve this by due date, then I'd be pretty annoyed to have to take it to small claims court.

Dowser

Follow my suggestion for your nearest Telstra Store (which is what I thought you were referring to).

As I said, schedule an appointment with the manager.

Rohan123
Level 19: Deputy Director

Hi @Dannyle 

If you really think you should be provided compo and can prove your case see below.

Did you know? Telstra offers a customer service guarantee.
That is up held by the ACMA.
If you have logged a service fault, Or can prove a connection problem over a period of time you can be compensated.
In my experience for this to work.
When first reporting your fault or connection issue.
Make sure to keep note of the date.
The agent you spoke to.
There employee number "D" number
and reference numbers regarding your fault or connection issue, As discussed between you and Telstra. This also works with other telco's.

INT INC or more importantly SR (service request number)
Written in the format of INT 1-
INC 1-
or SR 1- at the time of writing my SR is SR 1-2674.........

Update some case numbers are now just 07751816 sometimes no INT INC But you still need an SR

For information on these reference numbers and what they mean see here.
https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/accounts-plans/what-reference-numbers-can-i-obtain-from-telst....

You will probably have to get an Telstra agent to raise an SR.

Once your service has been restored you can relate back to your notes and calculate the compensation you may be entitled to.
PLEASE read here to see if you are eligible.
Under! Compensation payments to you.
https://www.acma.gov.au/customer-service-guarantee

Good Luck :-)

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
Dannyle

Thanks Rohan, that's good to know but it looks like that CSG only applies to telephony services though?

its coming up to a month now with no internet still, complaints handling process doesn't work and the TIO's 10 day grace period for Telstra to resolve has also lapsed.

The original case manager who told me to call my bank to reverse my most recent payment, walk back into a Telstra store and repay it never called me back but someone else did yesterday to offer me 10gb on my mobile...which is absolutely pathetic since I work full time and doesn't help the kids on Uni classes at home but yeah very 'helpful' calling after 3-4 weeks to offer me 10gb.

thanks for the advice regardless, nothing I can do now but wait for TIO advice, possibly prepare to go small claims court or something, I dunno, beyond agitated at this point in time.

RyanH
Support Team
Support Team

OK thank you, I understand. If this is with the TIO they will now liaise with us on your behalf to work through this one, but I contacted the case manager on the 23rd so they should be in touch as soon as possible (they do not work weekends/public holiday). 

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Rohan123

Hi @Dannyle 

There is a loop hole that works in your favor.

As your land line (whether you use it or not) is also part of your your internet connection.

The information I gave is still correct.

If the tio is involved Telstra can't do much as it goes to a case manager.

You can still seek compo as I explained above.

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more