Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Shifting home

Answered

We are shifting house and will not require our home phone, broadband or Foxtel for now.

I have tried calling several times and telstra hangs up once I give DOB, logged into our account to try and do it via online and there are no options to disconnect completely from Telstra. We will still have a mobile phone and wanting to keep our email addresses..Could someone please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Shifting home

You will need to use the messaging function in the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). Include your full name and your request (ie Moving Home - delayed reconnection required).

It will take some time for someone to get in contact with you and Codi may tell you that it doesn't understand, but the message should still get through. There is an option to mark the request as urgent up the top right of the chat screen.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

You will need to use the messaging function in the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). Include your full name and your request (ie Moving Home - delayed reconnection required).

It will take some time for someone to get in contact with you and Codi may tell you that it doesn't understand, but the message should still get through. There is an option to mark the request as urgent up the top right of the chat screen.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

My mum is 80 and in hospital waiting for an aged care placement and won't be returning to her apartment – so I've been trying to cancel her landline service and save her $40/month – can't do it via her MyTelstra account online, can't do it via chat on the Telstra website, can't do it by phone, and can't do it via the My Telstra app. This is ridiculous! All I get are chatbots and recorded messages telling me to install the app.  Have tried messaging via the app but I only get canned chatbot responses and no reply indicating they've received my request.

Highlighted

I was having the same issue as we were shifting house and didn't want our services changed to another address...

Finally got onto a chat real person via app i just have to ask for a real person hooe that helps

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more