Ashok
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Home Phone and Internet connection for new Home

Hi

I did place an order ( order # removed to protect your privacy, if needed we will ask you to send it via PM) for home phone and internet connection on 13 January 2014 and technician was at my home on 19 January to install the line. Unfortunately, he was not able to install the line because he need some help from civil contractor to attach conduit pipe from my boundary (please note my builder has already done trenching from near electricity meter to boundary line) to Telstra pit. He placed his order on 19 January to civil contractor and now civil contractor has given the date 31 January. I am surprised such a small job Telstra needs 18 days to fix. In mean time during my few calls to Telstra, I was advised that my order number has been cancelled and they book again new order!!!

Still I am not sure whether this will be fixed on 31 January because then after technician will come again to connect telephone line and after a week again another technician will come for internet.

By the time i will get connection, it will be almost a month!!!

Can someone help here? Order # removed to protect your privacy, if needed we will ask you to send it via PM.

Thanks

Ashok

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
DanK
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Telstra Home Phone and Internet connection for new Home

Pre-provision timeframes will depend on contractors being available in your area, if an earlier appointment was possible it would certainly be done sooner.

As for the order you have placed, it should not be cancelled or need to be ordered again as the application is left pending or on hold until the required works are completed. We then schedule a technician to come out again and complete the connection.

I am sorry if this has not been your experience thus far. Suggest you touch base with connections on 13 22 00 and ask them to confirm your order status again.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more