Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Number Is Disconected

Answered

Hi,

I just back Australia from overseas, I didn't use my Telstra number during the time. Now, I can't  use my number now because system reminds that the number is disconnected.  Could anybody could give me some tips? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Number Is Disconected

Are we talking a PrePaid mobile, a landline, PostPaid mobile?

If it was a PrePaid mobile, then these automatically cancel 6 months after the last recharge expires. You might be able to regain access to the number by either going in to a Telstra Store and asking to take out a new PrePaid plan using the old number, or send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) which can be done with the mobile connected to a wifi network. If Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get an initial response.

If it's a landline or PostPaid mobile, then the only reason why it wouldn't connect usually is if the bills haven't been paid while you were overseas. You will need to send a message using the My Telstra app to chat with a consultant to find out what needs to be done to get the service up and running again.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Are we talking a PrePaid mobile, a landline, PostPaid mobile?

If it was a PrePaid mobile, then these automatically cancel 6 months after the last recharge expires. You might be able to regain access to the number by either going in to a Telstra Store and asking to take out a new PrePaid plan using the old number, or send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) which can be done with the mobile connected to a wifi network. If Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get an initial response.

If it's a landline or PostPaid mobile, then the only reason why it wouldn't connect usually is if the bills haven't been paid while you were overseas. You will need to send a message using the My Telstra app to chat with a consultant to find out what needs to be done to get the service up and running again.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

I appreciate that your friendly response. My plan is post-paid.  Thank you very much! 

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more