Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Pit in cross-over (driveway) for 4 townhouse development - need help!

Hi, I am looking for advice on a pit relocation solution. I have engaged Telstra Network Integrity Team for a quote to move a P5 pit from proposed crossover of a 4 townhouse development. The quote has come back at $18,800 with a proposed plan to install 2 pits. One to the left of existing pit in front of neighbouring property and one to the right of existing pit in front of my development. Reason provided with the quote is that the existing pit is also used by the neighbouring property and relocating it to our side of the driveway is too far from the neighbour, hence the extra pit. So, the high price tag is only part of the issue and I am looking to see if anyone else has been hit with similar costs when relocating a pit and if that is a standard amount it costs to move a pit. 

The main issue in my situation is that Telstra can't move NBN cables inside the pit and I have been waiting for over month for NBN Relocation team to send me their quote to move NBN cables (I understand its a different organisation from Telstra), but the whole point is I have 4 finished townhouses that  I can't subdivide and proceed with settlement until this pit issue is resolved. I am looking for advice on how this issue can be fast tracked to completion. 

Thanks for reading!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Telstra Pit in cross-over (driveway) for 4 townhouse development - need help!

I had a similar situation on a smaller scale.
I used http://www.mcsconnect.com.au/ to help with my plans & civil works.

If you can avoid the major Telco's (Telstra Optus NBN) you'll get a faster turn around & save $$.
But who ever does the work, needs to comply with NBN standards.

Highlighted

Re: Telstra Pit in cross-over (driveway) for 4 townhouse development - need help!

Thanks for recommendation, was the pit located on your property or public land (the nature strip outside your property)? I've just call MCSConnect and they told me only Telstra Network Integrity Team can do this work.

Hi

The pit was located in the nature strip (public land) in front of the townhouses. 

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more