w2talk2person
Level 1: Cadet

Timeframe for moving connections

Answered

Hi all

Due to some circumstances, I've had to relocate where I live. However, because of COVID, I am housebound and working from home for the forseeable future. As I teach 5 days a week, being out of commission is a pretty bad thing for me. When I connect my internet, there's no way I can get a same-day connection is there? I have NBN, with fibre to the house at the new property and a NBN box. Everything is good to go. But I just can't get a hold of a person to ask.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Timeframe for moving connections

If the chat in the My Telstra app won't load, you may need to reinstall the app to fix it.

If you start your new internet bundle as an existing customer (just a new connection at a different service address) then you should keep your points.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter

Same day is out of the question. Standard connection timeframes are usually around 10 business days.

You will need to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). If Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get a response and you will get a notification through the app when someone does.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
w2talk2person

Yeah that is what I thought unfortunately. My other option is to start another internet bundle at the new property and move once the internet is there, and then cancel my current one (as the contract has expired). But I would lose all my Telstra TV points, correct?

Also, the speech bubble thing through the telstra app on the mobile won't load. I've been trying for over 2 hours. So there goes that option. Thank you though.

Jupiter
Accepted Solution

If the chat in the My Telstra app won't load, you may need to reinstall the app to fix it.

If you start your new internet bundle as an existing customer (just a new connection at a different service address) then you should keep your points.

View solution in original post

w2talk2person

Thank you so much. That really helps.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more