iMat
Level 1: Cadet

Transfer Cable account to adsl at New Address

Hi,

I'm currently off contract on Bigpond cable bundle, we are moving to a new house this month, which only has ADSL connection, no cable is installed in the estate.

Can I stay on my existing plan and switch to the new address.

I have looked into the new bundles and to get something equivalent its $135 p/m. Currently I'm paying $88 for 200GB.

I'm not prepared to pay more for the same service, if this is the case I'll move to a different provider.

Regards

Mat

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Transfer Cable account to adsl at New Address

Hi iMat, 

Unfortunately your existing service would have to be cancelled, which means you'd love the Bundle as well. 

However, I would recommend just checking in with our consultants regarding the costs for something similar to your existing Bundle, as there are a whole range of options. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

iMat
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Transfer Cable account to adsl at New Address

I can't really see that signing onto a new plan with telstra is my best option, I'm no better off than someone just signing onto Telstra, the biggest problem with Telstra I can see is that there is no loyalty to long term customers.

I had already spoken to your consultants and the only thing they said they could offer was the $135 bunble. It's a big jump from my $88 to $135 for essentially the same service, well infact worse because I have to downgrade to ADSL

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more