Mtrain
Level 1: Cadet

Trouble getting phone connected landlocked by national park

I need advice on how to get a knowledgable Telstra rep to come and assess the best way to get a phone and internet connection. We live on a bush block which is only 4 ks from Castlemaine but has no landline connected yet. The property is landlocked by national park which means lots of red tape to get through as well as bush to dig in a landline. Two years ago Telstra did a signal test for next g and said we would have a fixed wireless service but when the same tech shadowed up a couple of weeks ago to instal our gateway we were told the regs had changed and the signal wasn't good enough . The ex io was bouncing around from 23-29 for those who know what that means. The tech was talking to someone else at some depot on his I phone hands free and the depot guy rang a boss higher up who said they wanted an ec io of 10 which they both agreed was impossible but that was the higher up bosses call so we were left with no phone. Now we are dealing with some rep in India who has given us a temporary mobile which works inside the house ( even though our signal is supposedly not good enough for a wireless service with yagi antenna) and assures us that we will get a landline in a couple of months. I think we are just going round in circles because every one we get to deal with are either (removed as defamatory) or talking to me from India. For the last two months I have been running up the hill outside to answer my mobile or using the net on my wife's I phone sitting up on the kitchen bench holding the phone to the window. Any advice or contacts to try to get some progress would be appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
DingoDan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Trouble getting phone connected landlocked by national park

Hey Mtrain,

Welcome to Crowd Support Smiley Happy

I can appreciate your frustrations with not being able to have a landline connected due to the location that your home is situated, being a National Park. Due to the technical nature of the query I will have this one escalated to my colleagues in the Social Media Technical Team to assist further. They will comment via this post once they are available later today the 09/05/2014 and hopefully point you in the right direction.

I have had to moderate your post due to the defamatory comments made as they are against the guidelines. If we continue to receive posts against the guidelines then you risk being banned from posting in this forum again. These guidelines can be located at:

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Welcome-Guidelines/Read-me-first-Community-Guidelines/td-p/4

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Mtrain
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Trouble getting phone connected landlocked by national park

Sorry about my turn of phrase. I have been making enquiries with parks and they say it could quite easily take twelve months to get through the process of giving Telstra permission to put a landline through national park to our property. Meanwhile I'm still trying to convince my case manager in India that this is not a straight forward process. If we were to supply our own hardware and antenna etc would telstra be more willing to connect us to a wireless service. I am sure we can get a setup which would bring in a usable signal.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more