visia
Level 1: Cadet

Webmail Emails Vanishing - View Access?

I recently noticed that my Bigpond email account has been acting up. If I send myself an email to my bigpond account, it will display in the inbox for maybe 30 minutes before vanishing completely. It doesn't get moved to any other folder unfortunately, Junk, Deleted items etc....vanished. This has happened with every email that was ever in my inbox and all my emails have disappeared. I've been using Telstra's web based Email client to view the emails (not viewing them in a third party email client) and to see the emails again as I have numerous accounts linked to this address. it takes about 30 minutes each time to explain this to a support person before they either palm me off to someone else who doesn't contact me or they hang up on me.

I've been in touch with three separate Support persons at Telstra all of which have said my issue will be escalated to the network team and they'd call me the next day. None of which have.

The issue in a nut shell is. I login to my webmail. I can't view any emails that ever existed and they're vanished. Support isn't helping me. I want my emails back.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Veezy
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Webmail Emails Vanishing - View Access?

Hi visia, did the support team give you any reference numbers? How long has this issue occurred for? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Veezy
Support Team
Support Team

Just reaching out to see how you going, everything all good @visia?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

visia
Level 1: Cadet

Hi @Veezy,

Sorry for the late response. Yep, still having the same issue.

It's been a couple months now I believe.

The reference number should be #08184338

Dowser
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

What do you mean by “I have numerous accounts linked to this address”?.

- what accounts?.

You mentioned that you only use Telstra WebMail to access your emails.. Is it possible that you set up a device previously to access the emails, such as a phone or computer?.

It would be interesting to see if the problem remains if you change your password.

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more