AL8863
Level 1: Cadet

What to do when my number is ported without consent

Hi everyone,

I’ve had the same number for 20 years. Upon opening the Telstra App this afternoon to recharge my account, I found it missing from my Services list. After hours of struggling to get hold of someone from Telstra, I ended up being advised via online messages that my number has been ported without my consent.

I was with Vodafone for about 12 years, then 8 years ago ported my number over to Telstra. My husband and I now live overseas, but the entire time we’ve been away I recharge the account regularly in order to maintain it. Whilst all my services at home at linked to this number, I feel extremely helpless and frustrated unable to get hold of a real person at Telstra to address this. Where can I take this further?

Any advice is appreciated!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: What to do when my number is ported without consent

You can request that the port be reversed. If Telstra won't do it, you can lodge a complaint through the Ombudsman at tio.com.au and they can assist in followng it through. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
AL8863
Level 1: Cadet

Re: What to do when my number is ported without consent

Thank you Jupiter.

This is very helpful info to know. I am still hopeful that Telstra will be able to resolve this for me, if not, I guess this will be my alternative.

Again, thanks for sharing. Stay safe and healthy!

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more