Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Where to send the proof of address?

Answered

I received a long voicemail telling me a whole lot of things I need to do to demonstrate my proof of premises.

At the time of listening I didn't have the ability to record all of the details in the voicemail and now the voicemail has been deleted.

I didn't receive an email outlining the directions so now I'm just stuck.

What do I need to get together and where do I need to send it to progress my application?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Where to send the proof of address?

Hi Robb 

Welcome to Crowd Support Smiley Happy 

As the previous customer at your new address hasn’t arranged for the disconnection of the phone service, Telstra requires proof of occupancy documentation (POD) to be provided by yourself - this can be a lease or contract of purchase. Once we receive this and confirm it as valid we can follow up the matter on your behalf, otherwise your order can’t progress.

The POD must confirm the address of the premises, show that you will be living there, and include the date when you will be moving into the premises. The following are examples of documents we can accept:

• Lease
  • Rental Agreement
  • Contract of Sale
  • Statutory declaration* from yourself and a utility bill (eg rates, power, water)
  • Statutory declaration* from the property owner and the rent receipt from yourself
  • Statutory declaration* from the property owner and the bond payment receipt
  • Letter from the Real Estate Agent and the rent receipt from yourself
  • Letter from the Real Estate Agent and the bond payment receipt 

This information can be forwarded to the Proof of Documentation team by:-

Fax  - 1800882101

Email -  POD@telstra.com

Lindy Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Robb 

Welcome to Crowd Support Smiley Happy 

As the previous customer at your new address hasn’t arranged for the disconnection of the phone service, Telstra requires proof of occupancy documentation (POD) to be provided by yourself - this can be a lease or contract of purchase. Once we receive this and confirm it as valid we can follow up the matter on your behalf, otherwise your order can’t progress.

The POD must confirm the address of the premises, show that you will be living there, and include the date when you will be moving into the premises. The following are examples of documents we can accept:

• Lease
  • Rental Agreement
  • Contract of Sale
  • Statutory declaration* from yourself and a utility bill (eg rates, power, water)
  • Statutory declaration* from the property owner and the rent receipt from yourself
  • Statutory declaration* from the property owner and the bond payment receipt
  • Letter from the Real Estate Agent and the rent receipt from yourself
  • Letter from the Real Estate Agent and the bond payment receipt 

This information can be forwarded to the Proof of Documentation team by:-

Fax  - 1800882101

Email -  POD@telstra.com

Lindy Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks Lindy, much appreciated.
Highlighted

The proof of occupancy is rediculous,, telstra have been sending me bills to the same address for neally 2 years

Moving Home

We can help you move your existing Telstra services or set up new ones at your new address.

Find out more