Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Cancel a data plan

Answered

I need to remove a service from my Telstra account. I have three mobile devices, one with an additional data plan that needs to be cancelled.

I have tried calling Telstra. After being on hold for a while I got ring tone then an answering service asking if I'd like to leave a message for the person I called.

I have tried using the 24 7 chat feature, but no chat comes up. Looks like that service is not working?

As many others on this page have found it looks like Telstra has shut its support down. Which is odd seeing as online chat should be a very safe job during the Corona virus epidemic! Telstra, where are the support staff?!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Cancel a data plan

You will need to call 132000.

The support staff in the Philippines are not allowed to attend work as the government there has placed the country into lockdown.

That has reduced the number of available staff to just the Australian and Indian call centres.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

You will need to call 132000.

The support staff in the Philippines are not allowed to attend work as the government there has placed the country into lockdown.

That has reduced the number of available staff to just the Australian and Indian call centres.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks Jupiter. Really appreciate your insights. Cheers

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi did you have any luck  because  I have been on hold for 1 hour now. I got a bill with two extra numbers attached to it that arnt mine. Want them removed. 

Highlighted

Hi Theresa,

The first time I called I was on hold for a long time, then reached an answering service at which point I hung up.

The second time I called 13 2000 I did get through after only 5 minutes or so. Not sure if that was just luck or not. The second time was a business day in normal hours. Maybe that helped.

Good luck!

Highlighted

It sounds like the following satirical article is close to the truth

https://chaser.com.au/general-news/telstra-in-chaos-as-work-from-home-staff-forced-to-rely-on-telstr...

Highlighted

I am in the same situation!!! I have moved to another provider (who can operate efficiently during COVID 19... ) but can not contact anyone to cancel a plan that has already expired.. I will not be paying the bill... This is totally ridiculous!!!!  

Highlighted

If you have ported to another provider, then your Telstra service automatically gets cancelled as of the date of porting.

Highlighted

Not even 132000 is working, nor the chat message.  It seems when you want to cancel they just leave you hanging so they don't lose any business. I rang the local store and they don't take cancellations......I should be able to go back to Telstra after trying yesterday and today, wasting my time and be credited until they answer the ....beep.....call!!  Really .....off...

Highlighted

good luck with cancelling.....I had trouble with Foxtel cancellation for my brother who moved to an aged care centre on 1st April, tried to get thru to Foxtel aro 8th April still no way of getting thru and only just got a txt from them about owing money (I had cancelled the direct debit). So they still wanted payment for 2 months.   The same will be with Telstra, until you waste lots of hours different days to contact them you will have to still pay them even if you're not using the service.!!!!  I only switched back to them from Optus recently and am I regretting it!!!!

Highlighted

When I switched from Optus back (again) to Telstra who took responsibility for the complete changeover for me, Telstra did not advise me that they had not been able to transport the ipad (with optus number) back and Optus kept charging me.... just be careful when leaving it to another provided to transport the numbers back for you from another provider (I had multiple mobiles, ADSL and ipad).....now had to pay Optus for time not usedfor ipad (I was paying monthly with Telstra and Optus at same time).....a couple of months, again.....

Highlighted

Send a message using the My Telstra app (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). Someone should respond in a few hours/couple of days.

Highlighted

@Jupiter wrote:

Send a message using the My Telstra app (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen). Someone should respond in a few hours/couple of days.

Even that doesn't work!

Highlighted

I am trying to do the same thing.

App doesn't work... calling doesn't work...how do u contact Telstra?

Highlighted
Level 17: Bureau Chief

Hi @Me2910 

If you want to disconnect a Telstra service just call 132200 and when prompted for the reason for your call say "disconnection" this will put you through to a team in Adelaide.

They are open 7:30am to 730pm SA time 7days.

Hope this helps.

Rohan

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more