Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Domain Name Registration Renewal through Telstra - Telstra failing to respond.

I have been trying to renew my domain name registration through Telstra by responding to domains@online.telstra.com.au as requested. I have sent 4 emails to this address and made phone calls to Telstra resulting in being passed from one department to another saying that it is not their area of responsibility. My domain name renewal date has now expired and this will now put our small home business "out of business" - all because of Telstra's incompetency and inability to resolve a problem. I have lodged a complaint with the CEO's office, but no response as yet. This same thing happened 2 years ago when Telstra forgot to renew my domain name, despite me having been charged and paying for the service. It took over 4 months to solve the issue, which cost our small business thousands in lost income - now it is happening again - COVID-Telstra killing small business.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Domain Name Registration Renewal through Telstra - Telstra failing to respond.

I am experiencing the same issue. Telstra advised me that the department who takes care of this is currently unavailable due to lockdown and I would need to wait until they return. When I queried, they told me they had no answer as to when this would be and I would just have to be without emails until then. Offering great support as per usual 

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Domain Name Registration Renewal through Telstra - Telstra failing to respond.

Not good customer service from Telstra. My domain name has now expired and the registry will soon cancel it. This will effectively force our home business to fold. Telstra do not care about their customers.

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more