Jordan1919
Level 1: Cadet

How do I get through to someone at Telstra that can assist? What a disgrace

Telstra have been unable to help me since November of 2016!

I have been incorrectly charged for a personal account due to fraud (this issue has now been resolved). However, I now have incorrect charges in my business account - these cant be removed because Telstra residential and business don't talk and there is no where I can go in Melbourne CBD to rectify. 

Talk about pass the buck!

Can anyone please help me using email below?

Thanks so much in advance 

<removed to protect your privacy>

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: How do I get through to someone at Telstra that can assist? What a disgrace

Hi there @Jordan1919,

As this is a public forum mostly the staff who do monitor these forums are limited in the ability they are able to provide on account specific information at this stage. Also due to the unsecured nature of email, Telstra typcially do not provide support via email (with the exception of complaints as they are initiated via a secured method first for identification and verification purposes).

If the issue with the fraud has caused an issue with your business account and you aren't able to get it resolved, i would suggest speaking to the complaints team as they will be able to recover information from the personal team and note it on the business account as required. It however may depend exactly on the issue at play as to who else they might need to verify with to resolve the issue in general.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Jordan1919
Level 1: Cadet

Good morning @DrQ

Thank you for the prompt response.

I've tried numerous different avenues. I've had 1 part of the problem resolved by the complaints team and was told they would help me through the remainder (and were to email me, but never did). I've also been told the 2nd part of the issue is resolved to then be contacted by a debt collection agency months later.

I guess I need to start again with someone new? After nearly 12 months, this is highly frustrating. I work in a professional services environment and the thought of helping someone through a difficult issue regarding a large sum of money with a different employee every time and over the phone is unfathomable. Particularly when it is through no fault of their own. 

Is there anywhere I can go in Melbourne to work through this issue in person? I think it's also important the issue gets to the right person in Telstra so they're aware of the goings on with regards to it's customer service. 

Appreciate your assistance

DrQ

Hi Sorry, I hadn't seen the reply.

I completely understand what you are saying, and in my work I would personally prefer to avoid having to have someone do that as well.

That sort of issue sounds like it is above the level of training of the store staff and there isn't really any where to go for face to face assistance of then stores typically. That being said if you have your previous complaint number handy I would escalate that complaint to the CEO team to go into it in more detail. They are going to be the best bet to help. https://service.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/contact-ceo-form
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more