mdn1
Level 2: Rookie

Invalid account number when buying something (Small Business Shop)

I'm trying to buy something (mobile broadband hotspot) and when I get to the 'Setup and Delivery' page it says the account number for my account/services is wrong, but it definitely isn't.

The page says "Invalid input. Please enter your 13-digit, starts with '2000'. Use format 2000XXXXXXXXX."

And then underneath that it says 

"Your 10 or 13 digit account number is on your bill."

This is a small business account and it has 10 digits. 

No matter what I do it won't stop saying the account is 'invalid'.

Please take my money!!!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
26 REPLIES 26
jumpspeedy
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Invalid account number when buying something (Small Business Shop)

Having the same issue - trying to order an iPhone today for a new employee before EOFY.

Invalid input. Please enter your 13-digit, starts with '2000'. Use format 2000XXXXXXXXX.

MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks. Is this in the app, or via the website? Have our messaging guys been able to shed any light on it?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

mdn1

Website ... messaging only works 8am to 8pm ... I don't have time to do this crap then. I assume the website will work when I want it to work 

sdfsddfhfhg

Can confirm this is also happening for another small business account via the website. Messaging doesn't appear to work at the moment across Chrome or IE.

Called up (waited half an hour in the queue) and spoke to a very helpful guy called Alex who processed the orders over the phone but again the process took an hour during the middle of the business day which isn't ideal.

SpLawson
Level 3: Gumshoe

A 2000 number is a consumer account. Seems Telstra has moved all the small business accounts to consumer accounts. I can't even get a call through to the business area. 

Kunal1
Support Team
Support Team

Hi SpLawson, it should not be that hard to get in touch with the business team. Have we tried giving them a call via 132200?

- Kunal

SpLawson

Yep, straight through to the consumer area. Who send an SMH code, then ask for name and dob and then say they are screening calls to put through to the right area who then put the call through to someone who can't see the details, who then put the call through to...... you get the idea? 

Kunal1
Support Team
Support Team

Yea super weird. Have we tried the live chat via the app, they should be able to authenticate you and access the account.

- Kunal

SpLawson

Does not open at all, when logged into telstra tools.

Kunal1
Support Team
Support Team

Interesting, could you please send me Private Message so I can look into this for you?

- Kunal

SpLawson

I would, but I have access denied for messages. Am logged in using the personal account so not sure what that is about.

SpLawson

Also the business number is 13 2000, 132200 is the consumer number.

Kunal1
Support Team
Support Team

Right, once we visit this page and click message us it should bring up a pop chat box. Have we given that a go?

- Kunal

SpLawson

Nope, pretty much gave up. Was actually looking for an answer to the question I posted, saw this question and posted what I am also experiencing.

bdotclaridge
Support Team
Support Team

Have you tried messaging services outside of the My Telstra app? If not, can you give it a go here https://tel.st/kcc3xt

- Brandon

mdn1

It would have been nice if someone actually helped me when I needed it 3 weeks ago ... the datasim plans have gone up now. So I missed out on a discount because your shop didn't work. Nice. Then I went to JB ... and they couldn't help me because the Telstra systems were down for hours ... and now no discount available on data sim plans.

Useless ... 

SpLawson

Put in a complaint stating that you were unable to access as a business client due to the account number. There will be a record of that interaction you had on the website.

SpLawson

Have had too much time wasted testing your systems. Maybe if you want to pay me as an application tester, otherwise just totally over it.

bdotclaridge
Support Team
Support Team

Completely understand your frustration around this. I can't make any promises but I suggest getting in touch with our messaging team here https://tel.st/4yvaej to see what offers they have at the moment. 

- Brandon

SpLawson

Think you need to let the original poster do that.

SpLawson

Found out why I can't send a private message, seems I need to have an email sent to an email address that I haven't a clue about or an sms to some number that I am not sure of either. 

Beameranged

I have had this precise issue for weeks now. Did anybody ever find the general solution?

Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Beameranged, just to confirm, are you trying to order via the Telstra Business page, rather than the consumer page? If so are you still having the same difficulty when using the business portal?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

JayCeeee

Just spent nearly 2 hours and spoke with 4 different people. Same problem still exists. When I try to order through the business page, it asks for a consumer account number. It's really a stupid simple thing.

I was also told that I have a separate Telstra ID and I should activate Telstra Plus (yay, another account) but that fails with an 'Unknown error'. This is ridiculous.

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

There should be no need for you to activate Telstra Plus.

JayCeeeeee

So the solution ended up being to create a new email address and have a rep send an invite to create a new Telstra ID with that email address. If all goes well, within the next 24h my business account should be linked to this new ID. How is the difference between people you speak to so vast? This last guy (number 6) was extremely helpful. The other 5 seemed to have the willingness to help but not the knowledge.

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more