StevenPH
Level 1: Cadet

Problem with Safari and Telstra Tools

In Safari Version 10.0.1 (12602.2.14.0.7)

I log into Telstra small business and the main telstra tools page appears. I then click on Go to Mobile / Mobile Broadband Dashboard (https://yourtelstratools.telstra.com/group/ytt/services?msdcategory=MOBILE_AND_MOBILE_BROADBAND). I get a blank page.

The developer console shows the following errors:

[Error] Did not parse stylesheet at 'https://ytt.t-static.com/html/css/main.css?browserId=other&themeId=ytt_WAR_ytttheme&minifierType=css...' because non CSS MIME types are not allowed in strict mode.
[Error] ReferenceError: Can't find variable: npsEncryptedURL
    YTTQualaroo (services:19)
    Global Code (services:44)
    write
    Global Code (standard:1:232)

This also occurs in the latest Safari technology preview – Release 19 (Safari 10.1, WebKit 12603.1.14.2)

Turning ad blocking on and off makes no difference, nor does clearing caches, restarting and the other normal things one does for a browser problem.

If I log in in Firefox (version 50.0.2), the page loads. The developer console reports the same error but, apparently, if this is the problem and not something else, Firefox is less picky and allows the page to load.

If I log in using Chrome (Version 55.0.2883.87 (64-bit)), the page loads. The developer console reports a similar error but, again, if this is the problem, Chrome allows the page to load successfully.

The error report from Chrome is:

services?msdcategory=MOBILE_AND_MOBILE_BROADBAND:19 Uncaught ReferenceError: npsEncryptedURL is not defined
    at Object.oTNT.YTTQualaroo (services?msdcategory=MOBILE_AND_MOBILE_BROADBAND:19)
    at services?msdcategory=MOBILE_AND_MOBILE_BROADBAND:44
    at standard?mboxHost=yourtelstratools.telstra.com&mboxSession=1481516794459-386045&mboxPC=148151679445…:1

This problem with Safari did not occur last month when I paid my account. I was able to view the mobile dashboard. I have not added to or altered Safari in the intervening month although I can't recall if there has been a software update from Apple.

I prefer not to switch browsers for different sites. Is there some way to fix your website so it displays properly in Safari?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Big_Dan
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Problem with Safari and Telstra Tools

Hi StevenPH, Welcome to CrowdSupport.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I'll pass your feedback along.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more