Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Unable to sign up to Telstra Plus

Is anyone having trouble getting their Business ID to convert to a Telstra ID when trying to sign up for Telstra Plus? 

I get as far as the acknowledgement, click continue and then get an error message.

Something went wrong. We weren’t able to set up your Telstra Plus membership, please message us and mention reference SBSU-ERROR-02.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Unable to sign up to Telstra Plus

Yes!

It failed for me within the new app. It took me through a password change which said went ok via a confirmation email, but the app said something went wrong. I closed the app and restarted it and now whenever I click Telstra plus the app has a banner that says ‘Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again....’

Highlighted

Yep, exactly the same here getting error SBSU-ERROR-02 in the browser, unspecified error in the app

Highlighted

Yes I’m having problems too 

So much for signing up by 9th April to get bonus points.  Prior to Philippines shutdown I had a chat with someone who was going to fix it for me but it obviously hasn’t happened.

Now if you try to call Telstra they deem this as unimportant send you yet another useless link.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Yes, having the same problem. And can’t find a solution 

Highlighted

Same issue for the last 4 weeks I've been trying, no support whatsoever, chat support is useless no one knows what are they talking about... I said I wanted to join my personal account to my business account and Telstra plus and they say it's not possible... the first page on the Telstra setup says this:

Join Telstra Plus
By joining Telstra Plus, we’ll upgrade your Business ID to a Telstra ID. This means you’ll be able to access all your Personal and Business accounts using this one login.

If you don’t want to give others access, don’t share your Telstra ID. Sharing your Telstra ID means others will be able to see your personal information, including billing details and device information.

Continue

Highlighted

I have exact same issue. It seems Telstra have too many customers so they can afford not to care.

Highlighted

Yes same problem here.

Telstra chat is absolutely hopeless. They have told me twice now someone from Telstra will call back and help me but no one does. Same old Telstra. Good network and pathetic service.

Highlighted

I have the same issue. been on the phone to Telstra and been into a store. Neither could get it sorted. Anyone managed to join telstra plus?

Highlighted

Same. No one knows anything or can offer a solution. Extremely frustrating 

Highlighted

Yes, same here.  Got the same error message which tells you to visit a store.  Visited a Telstra store, no-one can help.  Emailed our Telstra business account manager, and she couldn't help and told me to call 13 70 55.  Rang that number and the automated response was that they couldn't help, but to use the message service within the app.  I've just sent a message and am waiting for a reply.... not holding my breath!

This whole process is extremely frustrating.  I received correspondence from Telstra titled 'Make your business even more rewarding' with the instructions on how to join (which don't work at all) and if we join before June 30 we get a bonus 10 000 points.  This is why I tried to join!  Don't know why they even bothered wasting money, paper and postage on this because this whole process is only serving to frustrate their loyal customers.  Very disappointing Telstra.

Highlighted

Hello! 

Staff member here, if you are still experiencing this error message SBSU-ERROR-02, it means our contact records don't match the online records. Most notable fields will be Name, Home Mobile, and Home Email that need to match in order for joining to be successful. 

Please give us a call on 13 22 00 to or via the online chat to correct this information.

Cheers,

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more