WallyM28
Level 1: Cadet

I have a my football free subscription till the end of June why is it still using data?

I have a my free football subscription I started before the start of the season but it still seems to be using data each month.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
aaron_h
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: I have a my football free subscription till the end of June why is it still using data?

Hello @WallyM28,

Thanks for your message.

Telstra mobile customers are eligible for a free Live Pass, and data for

video usage in the app is unmetered. You will still be charged for any data used

to download/update the app, as well as reading news articles etc.

Unmetered doesn't mean the app doesn't use data, it means when you are connected

to the Telstra network the data used to watch video is not counted against your monthly

quota.

Checking data usage in your phone's settings will not take into account the data used

was unmetered, only reviewing data usage in the My Telstra App will take into account

metered/unmetered usage.

Please let us know if there are any further questions.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
WallyM28
Level 1: Cadet

Re: I have a my football free subscription till the end of June why is it still using data?

I downloaded the app 2 years ago, I only read news articles a couple of times a week. I used nearly 3.5gb in one month, that seems an awful lot if streaming the games is meant to be free.

Kjorg
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @WallyM28

Thank you for getting back to us. 

Where are you checking your data use? If not already, we advise using the My Telstra App. 

If you're using the data counter in the settings on your device - this will show all data used and will not take into account any unmetered data. 

As mentioned by my colleague, the app does use data but it isn't counted against your monthly data allowance. 

If you still believe the My Football Live app is using your monthly data allowance, you will need to contact customer support directly to investigate further as we do not have access to customer accounts via CrowdSupport. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit