KGeorege11
Level 1: Cadet

Video but no audio in MyFootball App

Answered

I have good video, but no audio when streaming live games in the MyFootball app. I have tried removing the app and reinstalling, and I have also tried resetting my phone. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichealW
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Video but no audio in MyFootball App

HI @KGeorege11

Thank you for getting back to me

I also use an iPhone X with iOS 12.01

I have just tested the app on my phone, both audio and video are working for me.

I know it may seem very basic, but is the lock/mute button on (red) ?

Could you try one of the pre-match or highlight videos from the video tab, to see if the audio problem exists there

Regards

Micheal @ Telstra

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
MichealW
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @KGeorege11

Thanks for getting in touch with us

I'm sorry to hear of your issues with the app.

Could you let me know what sort of device you're using with the My Football app.

Device / Model / OS version

Which game were game were you experiencing the audio error on, is it todays match between the Roar and the Mariners ?

Please let me know

Regards

Micheal @ Telstra

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

KGeorege11

Thanks for the prompt response, Michael.

I am using an iPhone X, OS iOS 12.0.1

I have tried for Friday night's game Adelaide vs Sydney, last night's game Victory vs City, and also today's game Roar vs Mariners, all having the same issue of no audio.
MichealW
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

HI @KGeorege11

Thank you for getting back to me

I also use an iPhone X with iOS 12.01

I have just tested the app on my phone, both audio and video are working for me.

I know it may seem very basic, but is the lock/mute button on (red) ?

Could you try one of the pre-match or highlight videos from the video tab, to see if the audio problem exists there

Regards

Micheal @ Telstra

View solution in original post

KGeorege11

Oh dear. Yes that is the problem!

Turning the phone off of silent turns the audio on.

Thank you for your assistance.
MichealW
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @KGeorege11

Don't worry, its happens to the best of us

The good news is it only happens once.

Go The Mariners!

Regards

Micheal @ Telstra

JVellum

Hi I have a similar issue on an iPhone SE with the latest update (12.0.1)
Sound from live games won’t play on phone but will if streamed through home pod. Sound does work with highlight videos though. Also video won’t adjust if phone is held in landscape for live games but will for videos. Used to work during Matilda’s matches (Tounament if Nations) hasn’t worked for current season of A league or Tonight’s W league match.
Kjorg
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JVellum

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with the My Football Live App. 

I would first recommend uninstalling/reinstalling the My Football Live App to see if this resolves the issues with audio/orientation.

I would also suggest double checking that you do not have orientation lock turned on on your device. 

Please let us know if you continue to experience any problems. 

Travrobertson85

I’m using an iPad highlight videos have sound but match replays have none. Trying to rewatch Friday nights Adelaide United v Newcastle Jets game. Sound for match replays work fine on my iPhone 8 though. Volume is turned up on ipad no switch on the iPad to turn silent on or off
MichealW
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @Travrobertson85

Thanks for getting in touch with us

Could you let me know about your iPad: Device / Model / iOS version

I suggest, deleting the app, restarting your iPad and reinstalling the app, follow the prompts to restore your purchase and try again.

Let me know if this fixes your volume problem

Regards

Micheal W

Travrobertson85

iOS is 12.0.1 and the model is apple ipad 5th gen
Travrobertson85

Have deleted the app restarted the ipad and reinstalled the app and still no sound
MichealW
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @Travrobertson85

Thanks for the extra info

I have forwarded your issue onto our Tech team

Once I hear back I will let you know

Regards

Micheal W

Travrobertson85

Thank you. It seems to be happening with all full match replays including w league and all a league games. Highlights are fine though they have sound.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit