contactchris
Level 5: Eagle Eye

A few words about Live Chat. Have I forgotten any?

25 words I associate with Live Chat. Add more to feel better.

Frustrating
Depressing
Infuriating
Numbing
Distressing
Waiting (And waiting)
Torturous
Joyless
Ambiguous
Over Apologetic
Unapologetic (at the same time)
Soulless
Annoying
Lengthy
Exasperating
Repetitive
Sad
Tiring
Ridiculous
Hanging
Pleading
Sinking
Fruitless
Endless
Expiring

(I feel better already)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
RyanH
Support Team
Support Team

Re: A few words about Live Chat. Have I forgotten any?

Hey Chris,

Perhaps we can help. Were you contacting chat for a hand with a billing enquiry, or a technical issue?

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

contactchris

Hello RyanH,

I am pleasantly surprised by your interest in wanting to understand more about the experience, or should I say the broken-experience that I am receiving from Telstra Support. 

I have reached out to Telstra on multiple issues I am having with NBN, Small Business and Consumer Plans I have with Telstra. Each services is having issues, which is understandable (as I am not unreasonable), however it is the support and recovery of those issues over the last 6 months where I have have a major problem with Telstra.  

I have keep copies of the interactions, some 45 pages long, where nothing is addressed or resolved. I wont cover all but perhaps review my latest from last week - regarding Plan Support, specifically Live Chat.

The Symptoms  - Continuous Drop Outs - at least 50 times a day. The cycle - Mostly it appears fully connected but no Internet. Sometime weak 4G, and mostly flashing Downstream or flashing Online.  

Telephone Support - non-existent? 

I called the Tech Support 4 times, on hold for 20 - 30 minutes each call - being told my call is important - only to be  hung up or disconnected in the same way each time. No operator interaction whatsoever.

Chat Messenger - or whatever its meant to be? 

Then I spent the first 3 hours on chat seeing the operator is telling me how much they want to resolve the issue without asking a single question - they were stalling me. I was trying to anticipate the validation process and my ID and a some limited description of the issue. Regardless and not a single question or word of help over the first 3 hours. It was THE worst. The were saying, 'let me take a look', 'I know how frustrating it is', 'I will get this resolved' - but nothing. Not a single question or value-added comment. 

The Outcome - If you can call it that.

In the 4th hour, there was a total of 5 minutes of very limited help dragged instruction (over an hour), resulting in a Modem Restart the providing the MAC address of the modem. That was it. They confirmed I have a problem in less than 5 minutes that took me 6 hours. I believe they handball the tech - there job is done - no internet but I dint expect a miracle. 

WHY did that simple interaction take 6 hours?

I took a copy of the interaction if you are interested to show you how bad it was.

The problem update is 3 days later a technician turned up to my house, replaced the end fo the cable and the splitter and it worked again. Took hime 7 minutes. That was great. But getting there - that was horrible.  

SO PLEASE - I am interested in what you will do if this information. I have invested time to tell you about the problem so I would appreciate a moment of your time to tell me where this goes, and will people who can address the issue learn about my issue and what is generally going on with Live Chat Messenger. They must know that it's not working effectively. Please tell me.  

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

I appreciate the time taken to outline the ongoing problems, and trust you can get the assistance you need soon. With the current social distancing requirements in our centres we may not be able to get to all customer calls that are made to us at the moment. We're working to get operations in our centres back to normal as soon as possible in the coming weeks, and if not able to get through on a call you should be directed to our online support teams who can also securely access your account to investigate and help further. The teams don;t reply instantly, but will get back to you throughout the day once you provide your details there.

Any known widespread faults affecting services in your area would be reported at https://tel.st/jrq5m along with updates on the restoration time as we receive reports from the investigating technicians. If nothing is listed when you search for your address there then it may be something specific to your account or service. We recommend going through an isolation test (https://tel.st/eg8ft) to check for any known hardware-caused faults, and our troubleshooter at https://tel.st/b25p2 can help with some common connection problems and will direct to our Tech Support teams for further assistance as needed. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

contactchris

Greg,

Very disappointed that you would resort so quickly to blame all my, and others, contact and despair with Telstra Support on Covid. Other companies are recovering and doing quite okay. The point of my frustrations it that Telstra cannot acknowledge that Telstra's Live Chat, or call in Support is NOT WORKING for a large percentage of customers.

Your cut-and-paste response is simply off the mark. It's vacuous of any acknowledgement of the issues I'm trying to raise. 

All I'm suggesting is that someone should be interested in reading 45 pages of nonsense chat on live chat - to order a phone and Telstra still get it wrong from Nov last Year. I am still trying to sort it out.  You're welcome to see how pitiful the response was in content and actual action. AND do you blame Covid for me wasting four hours on Live Chat in March to do five minutes of basic diagnosis?  

You're just as bad as the rest of them if you're going to blame Covid on such ridiculous waste of time antics. I have it recorded. No one in Telstra seems to care about. Telstra just wants to play lipservice and cut-and-paste meaningless statements that do not address the issue at hand.

Your thoughts be appreciated. 

contactchris

Broken

Repetitive

Vacuous 

Superficial 

Drained

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit