Stuart711
Level 1: Cadet

Account name confirmation

I've had a couple of emails telling me I need to go to the App and confirm my name as account contact before Feb 25,otherwise it will be removed. Trouble is the menu as described in the instructions how to do it aren't actually in the app. There's no Manage Contacts tab. I've been messaging Telstra and was told today they can't help because 'your account is no longer with us'! What! I have a current account Telstra! 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Account name confirmation

Can you post a copy of the email here (with any identifying information removed)?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Stuart711

Jupiter

That would indicate that "Stuart", assuming you, is not the owner of the account in question. That seems to be a bit odd, so you would need to look into that.

But to get to the area to manage contacts, you need to open the My Telstra app on your mobile, then click on the Profile icon (the little human head and shoulders) in the top right of the screen. Then select "Security settings" and then Account contacts.

Account contacts need to be reauthorised every 24 months.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Stuart711

True. But there's nothing about account contacts under the Security tab. This is what I get.

Jupiter

That means that the account that you are logged into is not the owner of the service.

The quickest way to get it sorted out would be to go into a Telstra Store with your ID and get them to have a look to see what the account owner details are.

Stuart711

Thanks. That was my next step. I'm the one who set up the account etc so don't know what's going on. Thanks for your help. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit