WannabeMe
Level 1: Cadet

Cannot log into my account through either My Testra or through the browser

Hey guys.  This is driving me insane.  I used to be able to log into my account without any problems, however for the last 3 days I keep getting "Something went wrong - please try again later".  I have tried getting around the problem by uninstalling the app and using the browser instead.  Same thing.  I have deleted cookies and cache, I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  Personally I think it's because the last time I was in my account I was looking at whether I could get rid of Foxtel through the app or if I had to make a phone call.  LOL.  Seriously, though - has anybody managed to fix a similar problem without sitting on the end of the phone waiting for someone to answer at Telstra's end (or the same with chat?)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
AmberSC
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Cannot log into my account through either My Testra or through the browser

Hi there WannabeMe, there was a known general account error over the Telstra app and online that was affecting a few customers. This has since been resolved but if you are still having trouble logging in it might be worth chatting to our account team over the Telstra app. You can get in contact with us there without needing to login by clicking 'get help' and answering a few questions before being connected to a consultant. They should also be able to help you remove Foxtel from your account if this is still something you'd still like to process. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

GD1801

I'm having exactly the same issue and cannot even acess the 'get help' option as I get an error message. I've tried the helpdesk and the consultant that I spoke to had no idea what the issue was let alone how to fix it.  Can someone please assist as I need to alter my accounts and have no way of doing so if I cannot access my accounts online.

BFace

I’m having the same issue. Just signed up at jb hifi on a new plan and successfully logging in with a Telstra ID. Keeps coming back with an error about not having access to the app. Previously it was just saying try again later

jayonaise
Support Team
Support Team

Even with error messages, it should allow you to bring up the get help tab at the bottom of the app and from there message through for support. There is an extra step with iPhones though, make sure you have iMessage turned on to allow the App permission. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit