Joanne_Megan
Level 1: Cadet

Change of Account holder

My husband passed 3 years ago, I went to Telstra spoke to a team member and was told everything was sorted. 

A couple of months ago I started receiving emails from Telstra addressed to my late husband stating that I would no longer be an authority if he didn't re-confirm the authority.

After this my daughter filled in the necessary Bereavement forms and emailed it to the complaints team and I was advised that:

This letter is your confirmation that we’ve now transferred the following Telstra services into your name, under account number #############

Phone: ########

Email: #########################

We’ll be issuing a final bill shortly for account number #############, addressed to ‘Estate Of #### ##### At

Email: ######################### (Note: same as above email address)

I have since paid the old account in error and am trying to login to my Telstra account and advise them of the issue. Now I cannot register a new User ID because the email address is already registered and when I login with my Existing user name and password it directs me to my late husbands portal with all his personal information but no account found!!!!

I have been on a live chat with Telstra all day and this is what I have now been advised to do. 

I have already tried to recover my username for the new account number to see i have that wrong and have not received an email or text????

Please help..

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit