NiceJames
Level 2: Rookie

Does the "My Telstra" android app support multiple profiles (like Telstra 24x7 does)?

Answered

Does the "My Telstra" app support multiple profiles?

In the bottom right corner of the "Telstra 24x7" app there is a "Profile" button.  I use that feature.  In the screenshots in Google Play of the "My Telstra" app, that "Profile" button has been replaced by a "Shop" button, and I see no sign of the "Profile" button elsewhere on the screen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Does the "My Telstra" android app support multiple profiles (like Telstra 24x7 does)?

Hi NiceJames,

Yes, the My Telstra Android App does support multiple Profiles like the 24/7 App does. 

I'm using a Samsung Note 9 and updated to the My Telstra App 2 day's ago (although I wish I hadn't).

When using the 24/7 App I had 3 profiles(mine, my Mum's and my Dad's, all Pre-Paid plans)...when I updated to the My Telstra App the 3 Profiles were still there.

In the 24/7 App, there was a limit of 3 Profiles. 

I'm not sure of the limit using the My Telstra App, but I have been able to add another Telstra ID, taking it to 4 Profiles.

When you open the My Telstra App, it will open to the "Home" screen.

When you open the My Telstra App you'll see a "Person" Icon top right of the screen...press on that and it will take you to the "Profile" section.

It will show the Telstra ID (Name and email address) of the Account that is highlighted in the "Manage Telstra ID's"

Under this Name and email address is blue writing "Manage Telstra ID's". You press on this to switch Telstra ID's.

You'll also see under the list of Telstra ID's in blue writing "Manage saved Telstra ID's".

Press on this to remove existing Telstra ID's or "add a Telstra ID".

I personally prefer the 24/7 App over the My Telstra App.

Checking the usage for calls, messages and Data was very quick and easy.

It now diverts you to my.telstra.com to see the usage which takes forever to load....or doesn't load, it say's 404-Error.

It also showed the Premium sms charge's....but for some reason it won't show the Premium sms usage charge's in the new App.

I'm also having trouble with my Dad's Telstra ID on the new App. 

It will only show his Name and number in the "Services" page.

When I press on the > to show his Account details....it also brings up 404- Error most of the time.

I have deleted and reapplied his Telstra ID and cleared the caches.

I thought the App was supposed to make it easier to see our usage and manage multiple ID's.....it's not nowSmiley Sad

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Smiley3
Accepted Solution

Re: Does the "My Telstra" android app support multiple profiles (like Telstra 24x7 does)?

Hi NiceJames,

Yes, the My Telstra Android App does support multiple Profiles like the 24/7 App does. 

I'm using a Samsung Note 9 and updated to the My Telstra App 2 day's ago (although I wish I hadn't).

When using the 24/7 App I had 3 profiles(mine, my Mum's and my Dad's, all Pre-Paid plans)...when I updated to the My Telstra App the 3 Profiles were still there.

In the 24/7 App, there was a limit of 3 Profiles. 

I'm not sure of the limit using the My Telstra App, but I have been able to add another Telstra ID, taking it to 4 Profiles.

When you open the My Telstra App, it will open to the "Home" screen.

When you open the My Telstra App you'll see a "Person" Icon top right of the screen...press on that and it will take you to the "Profile" section.

It will show the Telstra ID (Name and email address) of the Account that is highlighted in the "Manage Telstra ID's"

Under this Name and email address is blue writing "Manage Telstra ID's". You press on this to switch Telstra ID's.

You'll also see under the list of Telstra ID's in blue writing "Manage saved Telstra ID's".

Press on this to remove existing Telstra ID's or "add a Telstra ID".

I personally prefer the 24/7 App over the My Telstra App.

Checking the usage for calls, messages and Data was very quick and easy.

It now diverts you to my.telstra.com to see the usage which takes forever to load....or doesn't load, it say's 404-Error.

It also showed the Premium sms charge's....but for some reason it won't show the Premium sms usage charge's in the new App.

I'm also having trouble with my Dad's Telstra ID on the new App. 

It will only show his Name and number in the "Services" page.

When I press on the > to show his Account details....it also brings up 404- Error most of the time.

I have deleted and reapplied his Telstra ID and cleared the caches.

I thought the App was supposed to make it easier to see our usage and manage multiple ID's.....it's not nowSmiley Sad

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

TelstraNinja
Telstra Products & Services Team
Telstra Products & Services Team

Hi @NiceJames ..as @Smiley3 has already pointed out, My Telstra supports multiple profiles similar to the Telstra 24x7 app. We had to include the exciting new Shop feature and so moved the profile up to the top right corner to make space. 

We have done multiple tests before releasing the new app but like any other app in the market today, we are learning new things to fix and so the occasional 400 errors are likely in the initial days. Rest assured we are getting them fixed as soon as possible and as these issues are brought to our attention

NiceJames
Level 2: Rookie

Thanks for that extra info. The profile button isn't shown on the screenshots in Google Play, so I thought I had better check the functionality hadn't been removed. I have no plans to use the "shop" feature.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit