Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

My Telstra App widget not loading

Hi I updated to My Telstra app,

I have a personal and a business account. Both accounts (services) are visible within the app,

The on-screen personal widget shows data usage, however the business widget is stuck on 'loading'.

I have tried removing and replacing the business widget. Also, tried clearing the app's cache.

No joy.  Just trying to get it to work like the old 24/7 app with two widgets visible.

Phone Motorola G5

Android 8.1.0

Any tips greatly received, thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: My Telstra App widget not loading

Hi flyingfish,

I'm using a Samsung Note9, but give this a try:

When the widget is showing "loading" hold you're finger on the widget until "Remove from Home" and 'App info" pops up.

Press on the "App info"....it will then show you the App info.

Press the back arrow to get off that page and hopefully the Widget will load.

I have 3 Pre-Paid services on my Personal Account....I don't have a Business Account.

I only have 1 Widget on my screen for my main Pre-Paid service. 

To try to help you with your problem I tried adding a Widget for 1 of my other services....it was stuck on "loading" like you were seeing. 

I long pressed on the Widget, pressed on "App info", backspaced then the Widget showed my service. 

Hope this works for you.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted

Hi Smiley3,

Thank you for your detailed reply. Well done.

In following the instructions, I end up with with the app info screen, then press the back arrow and the widget still shows loading. No Recovery.

If I tap the widget, it shows a full screen white blank page. After, quite some time, android says 'My Telstra isn't responding'  sometimes. Other times it sits there for much more.

Same above with only one widget on the screen configured for the business account.

Hence, the issue appears to be with the widget communicating with the app / business 'usage' server at a wild guess.

Likewise, it seems from your comments (Thank you), there are issues with widget and prepaid accounts.

General note, starting the My Telstra app it shows the personal acc. and the business acc.

If selecting the personal, it immediately shows the usage. However, if selecting the business, acc., it then asks 'View and manage your account and usage', Click on that, it then asks to select the service, then selecting the service (only one), it finally shows the usage using the same look and feel of the post-paid personal usage. All I am saying is there are more hoops to jump through and its possible the widget code is not able to deal with it.

It's possible the widget code needs revisiting.  From what I gather, the release of the My Telstra app has been sadly more than a bit chequed.

I have no idea how to submit a bug report to Telstra for such things.

If only I could roll back to the 24/7 app. For my use it worked well. Smiley Sad

Highlighted

Hi flyingfish,

Sorry to read that my suggestion didn't work for you Smiley Sad

I also wish we could go back to the 24/7 App.

I'm predicting that in the next few day's we'll be seeing more customer's complaining on Crowdsupport about problems they're having with the My Telstra App....as the 24/7 App is ceasing on 14th October. 

I've had my problem with the My Telstra App for about 4 month's now and had advised my relative's not to change to the My Telstra App until they really had to.

My sister updated her's yesterday and now has the same problem as I do.

Our problem is that if you have more than 1 Telstra ID in the Profile section (Pre-Paid services) it will only let you see the Balance remaining for those services...you can't even recharge those services now in the App or even look at the Usage History Smiley Mad

Not very helpful when we're managing elderly relative's Account's. 

I have given Feedback in the App multiple times, but Telstra still hasn't fixed the problem.

If you wish to submit your bug report as Feedback:

In the My Telstra App press on the "Get Help" icon, at the bottom of the screen...2nd icon from the right.

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen...there should be a "Feedback on our App" box to press on. 

Hopefully Telstra will be able to fix your problem.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
Highlighted

Hi Smiley3,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

It seems the behaviour of the My telstra app varies across devices. An expert mode would be nice to provide a little more control over things...

You will like this. I just updated the My Telstra app to version 58.0.48 and now when placing the widget on the screen it immediately opens My Telstra app to the home screen as though the widget does not exist. Then the widget disappears off the main screen underneath.... gone!

Cannot even have a widget at all now.

Where I am, Telstra mobile is the only service, no other data services available so changing providers is not an option.

Thank you for your efforts. Well done.

Highlighted

Hi flyingfish,

My Telstra App version is the same version as your's.

I tried putting another Widget on my homepage to see if I could still get it to work. 

Unfortunately, I'm experiencing the same problem that you are....the My Telstra App opens up, then the widget disappears from the homepage.

Lucky for me, the Widget I already had on my homepage still works. 

Maybe you could report this new problem as Feedback in the My Telstra App.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit