Mj_R
Level 2: Rookie

New Telstra app

Answered

Hi, unfortunately I have just downloaded the new Telstra app today. I used to be able to glance at my phone screen & in the Telstra box it would show my data balance & expiry, directly on my phone screen without touching or tapping a thing. Now I have the new Telstra app & all I have it's it's blue app box, I have to tap it open & tap again to look for my balance etc. I regret updating to this new app, I tried searching for the Old Telstra 24x7 app but it just directed me to the new app I have just downloaded. Very unhappy I updated the app, is it possible to get the old version back? Smiley Sad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: New Telstra app

Hi Mj_R,

Unfortunately once you've updated to the new My Telstra App you can't go back to the 24/7 App.

I wish we could go back to the 24/7 App because I'm having problems in the new App that Telstra can't seem to fixSmiley Sad

It sounds like you are referring to the Telstra "Widget" when you write that you used to be able to see the data balance and expiry by looking at the screen.

I have just noticed after reading your post that my Telstra "Widget" has been removed from my screen also.

I can explain how to get a Widget on a Samsung Note9....hopefully this method will work for you. 

On the screen page you want to put the "Widget" hard press on the screen until the word "Widgets" shows at the bottom of the screen. 

Press on the word "Widgets", look for the Telstra Widget then press and hold it until it's put onto the screen that you want it on.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Smiley3
Accepted Solution

Hi Mj_R,

Unfortunately once you've updated to the new My Telstra App you can't go back to the 24/7 App.

I wish we could go back to the 24/7 App because I'm having problems in the new App that Telstra can't seem to fixSmiley Sad

It sounds like you are referring to the Telstra "Widget" when you write that you used to be able to see the data balance and expiry by looking at the screen.

I have just noticed after reading your post that my Telstra "Widget" has been removed from my screen also.

I can explain how to get a Widget on a Samsung Note9....hopefully this method will work for you. 

On the screen page you want to put the "Widget" hard press on the screen until the word "Widgets" shows at the bottom of the screen. 

Press on the word "Widgets", look for the Telstra Widget then press and hold it until it's put onto the screen that you want it on.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Mj_R
Level 2: Rookie

@Smiley3 wrote:

Hi Mj_R,

Oh my God, you're a miracle worker...I know have my white Telstra box that had all the details showing on my main phone screen...yippee😁

Considering I had no idea what a widget was😣 I did what you said & did a hard press & selected the Telstra one & voila...it's back so I can now view my data balance & expiry without tapping on an app & tapping again. Sometimes I just want to quickly glance & not have to search in an app, so I dislike the new Telstra app.

So Thankyou...thankyou for helping (as I'm hopeless in the technical department) Smiley Sad    I can now eat my chocolate in peace😁 Thankyou, Mj

Smiley3

Hi Mj_R, 

You're welcome, I'm glad you could get the Widget back by using that method Smiley Happy

Enjoy your chocolate, I just enjoyed my choc chip muffin and coffee Smiley Wink

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit