Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Scandalous lack of customer service!

This is getting out of control. Ring the help number and the machine asks a couple of questions and then hangs up on you, sends a msg, and then when that machine can’t answer your question it just stops. There seems no way to contact a human. When I go to the Telstra app it tells me more than one account is linked to the ‘sim’, and when I try to sign in now a little dialogue box pops up for a second but too quickly to read and then I’m back at square one. To make things worse I’m getting phoned by another machine claiming to be from Telstra that’s telling me my internet security has been compromised. I’m trying to find out if that’s a scam but who knows? I’m certainly not going to find out talking to bots! I spend a lot of money with Telstra but this takes the cake. How about you just pay some people? They could even just work from home- so this COVID excuse that everything’s slow and we can’t do this and on and on... well it’s just a lie isn’t it?!!!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Scandalous lack of customer service!

Agreed. Slightly different issue but gist is the same. Login on the app to get support. Can’t login. Go to website. Can’t login. Call get hung up on. Open a chat dialogue it crashes. Message them via messages. No reply. So pissed. Been trying ten hours now for nothing. 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Sorry to hear of the troubles getting in touch, were you able to speak with our team in the end? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

I won’t deal with Telstra customer service again, it’s so difficult to get through to them and when you do, they don’t understand what you are saying and likewise I don’t understand what they’re saying.   It’s a viscous circle where it takes ages to solve a simple problem, if in fact it’s ever solved at all.   Things will not resolve until the call centres are brought back to Australia and we can talk to people who know what they’re talking about.   My latest problem is the loss of my backups.   I used to be able to backup my files, photos and contacts from my iOS devices to Telstra cloud, now I can’t - what’s more, I can’t find the backups anywhere and I cannot make anyone at customer service understand!   Any wonder they’re bleeding customers to their competitors.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit