LorddVad3r
Level 2: Rookie

Service expired

Hi everyone,

I logged into my account this morning via the My Telstra app and was greeted with the message " This service has expired".

Can anybody guide me on what this means? I have 3 services and it is the same for them all.

Cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
22 REPLIES 22
Amberly40

MY Telstra App Saying Post Paid Account is Prepaid (And expired)

I logged into the Telstra App this morning (As I received my latest bill overnight) and the app is saying "service expired" prompting me to recharge. I'm postpaid and my service is actually working with no issues. I can't "recharge". Yet the Telstra App is saying "service expired" I've attached a screen shot. The sticker is just covering my number for my privacy.

I called Telstra customer service and had no help offered. I even asked for a new Telstra ID to be created so I may be able to resolve the issue  They couldn't even do that. It was pointless. 

I've attached a screen shot. Without access to my Telstra ID and the app I won't be able to keep updated about data usage etc easily. It's ridiculous.

Any thoughts? Or has anyone else had this issue? Its pretty ridiculous 

Jess749
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Service expired

Hey, I don't have an answer for you, Horace I have 2 services and one of them is doing exactly this today as well. I wonder if there's a bug of some kind on their end...? 

denistierney

Re: MY Telstra App Saying Post Paid Account is Prepaid (And expired)

exactly the same thing is happening to me i recieved my bill last night and logged onto the app to get the same message for both my mobile phone and my tablet

Amberly40

Thank goodness it's not just me! There must be something very wrong with Telstras system. Of course they won't admit it tho. The person I spoke with tried blaming me several times. Grateful I have access to my service but something needs to be done to resolve the issue. 

denistierney

Yes I am hoping more people will reply and telstra may look at it its useless trying to discuss it with them all they could advise was to uninstall and reinstall but that doesn't work 

Pareto8020

I got the same message this morning.  Must be related.

If I log into My Telstra from their website, it says my account is fine and active.  Only via My Telstra App does it say "this service has expired"

I can't call to/from my number, but I can text from my number.  I also have excellent 5 bars of coverage and 4G+ data.

If it matters, I'm using a "data SIM" but it still has a phone number.  I've used this phone number to make/receive calls previously, so I know it (used to) work.

kristenf

I am having the same message with one of our services too. Must be something going on. The one I am having the problem with was a telstra plan purchased through JB Hi-Fi

kristenf

Having the exact same issue and message !!

LorddVad3r

My 3 services are all through JB 

Amberly40

Calling Telstra for assistance was useless. I was so shocked by the lack of support. If Telstra can't properly acknowledge the issue- then they aren't properly managing the services we pay for.

Hopefully others post here about the issue so Telstra can admit the outage (or technical issue) and resolve it. 

kristenf

hmmm maybe something to do with JB ?

N33

Hello everyone, I also have the same issue. I went into store to see if they can fix it, and they said nothing they can do. I am assuming it's Telstras technical issue with JB Hi-fi Telstra plans. I hope it's resolved soon. ZERO service with Telstra.

Cam73No2

Same with two of my Mobile Broadband Services on different accounts.  Both are direct with Telstra

Amberly40

It seems to be a real problem. Of course Telstra won't admit it tho. The useless person i spoke with tried blaming me. 

Nothappy37

Same here, I had this service/number for over 3 years and worked flawlessly. Data only plan. Now I have no internet in the house. Can't reach Telstra at all. Noticed also that I had 6gb of traffic on 2nd of January white we were away on holiday. ???

denistierney

I have just uninstalled app and reinstalled it on both my devices and it fixed the error  I suggest you try they must have fixed overnight 

KB1946

Samsung s9, settings, apps, my telstra, empty cache & data, fixed.

Goldilocks_01

Just chiming in to say that this has happened to me too - went to check my usage yesterday on Jan 19 and got the 'service expired' message. I'm also on a plan through JB HiFi. I haven't lost data connection (yet) but I've got no idea how much data I have. I also got a weird text message on Jan 6 to say I would be getting a call to discuss my services. I wonder if these are connected? (I never got the call....)

Amberly40

The issue seems to have been fixed. If you delete and reinstall the Telstra App. At least mine is ok today.

And I agree with you about the connection with Telstra trying to upgrade people. It would explain the suspect behaviour of the customer service person I spoke too. 

Amberly40

Can I ask if you are on the same plan as before the error? (Telstra haven't resolved my Telstra ID issues so I can't check my own). Just worried they may have changed me from my old jb hi fi plan during the issue as it was "expired" on their system. 

denistierney

Nothing has changed my plans are the same for my two devices and i estimate my usage is about normal all i did was uninstall then reinstall the next day and it fixed it despite me trying several times the day before with no luck so they must have fixed it the night before but it may look unfixed until you uninstall etc

Amberly40

Thanks for the confirmation. The issue seems to have been fixed on my app also. But reinstalling has lost my access to an old Telstra ID. I've requested it be deleted and replaced yesterday - but the customer service rep couldn't do it. 

Tried to call Telstra today and they aren't even accepting calls... What is happening with this company? It's crazy they offer no support to customers anymore. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit