Pulsar62
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Home Dashboard App

Answered

Hi just wondering if anyone can help me with the Home Dashboard App?

I have set the app up and was using the parental controls nightly, and something has happened and now I can’t access the controls and our NBN connection is stuck on high controls (up to 10yrs) and won’t let any social media app’s work at all. I’ve spent 2hrs on the phone with Telstra tech faults yesterday. They logged into our computer but haven’t been able to fix the problem. Help!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Pulsar62
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Home Dashboard App

@Ozmoz Thankyou so much, at least I now know there is an issue. The modem model is a LH 1000. I will certainly have a go at changing the DNS if I get instructions from someone. 
Thanks 😊 

View solution in original post

cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

To  change DNS log into modem http://192.168.0.1 (password is Telstra), Go to Advanced > Local Network > Local Network  select a non Telstra DNS service from drop down list and save settings. Repeat for the Local Network IPv6 tab. Either reboot modem or disconnect and reconnect your device.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
bibigalee
Level 1: Cadet

I have the same problem and it is a nightmare. I'm trying to get them to fix it.

Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

@Pulsar62 wrote:

Hi just wondering if anyone can help me with the Home Dashboard App?

I have set the app up and was using the parental controls nightly, and something has happened and now I can’t access the controls and our NBN connection is stuck on high controls (up to 10yrs) and won’t let any social media app’s work at all. I’ve spent 2hrs on the phone with Telstra tech faults yesterday. They logged into our computer but haven’t been able to fix the problem. Help!

Hi @Pulsar62 

Yes, there are currently issues with Telstra Broadband Protect.

To bypass until there is a fix you need to change your modems DNS to someone like Googles 8.8.8.8. This of course will mean all websites etc will open up again.

If you supply your modems model we can help further if you are unsure of how to do this?

I'll ping @cf4 to let him know of this post and he could help further. He knows more about the modem models than me.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Pulsar62
Accepted Solution

@Ozmoz Thankyou so much, at least I now know there is an issue. The modem model is a LH 1000. I will certainly have a go at changing the DNS if I get instructions from someone. 
Thanks 😊 

cf4
Accepted Solution

To  change DNS log into modem http://192.168.0.1 (password is Telstra), Go to Advanced > Local Network > Local Network  select a non Telstra DNS service from drop down list and save settings. Repeat for the Local Network IPv6 tab. Either reboot modem or disconnect and reconnect your device.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit