Dozz
Level 1: Cadet

Transfer/Restore eSIM error in Telstra App

Hi

I always get " invalid username" error when i tried to transfer/restore eSIM in Telstra app. 

I'm 100% sure i have entered the correct login info. Already reinstalled telstra app, reset password and etc but failed. 

Anyone here can give can advise please? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Transfer/Restore eSIM error in Telstra App

It's the same login as Crowdsupport, so you would appear to have the right password.

Do you see your services when you are logged in to the app?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Dozz
Level 1: Cadet

Yes I able to see services and my mobile phone account info in app, but only got error if I perform transfer/restore eSIM. Always says invalid username 

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Dozz. 

Customers who took up an eligible mobile plan before 9 January 2021 with eSIM compatible devices can transfer their conventional SIM card to an eSIM by using the ‘Transfer or restore’ feature via the My Telstra app or by visiting a Telstra store.

If you took up a mobile plan after 9 January 2021, you may not be able to convert your conventional SIM card to an eSIM, and vice versa. If this is the case you will need to contact our mobile support team. Please speak with our team via the My Telstra App messaging service (link here https://tel.st/9hwbm). Just click on the "Get Help" menu icon and then click on the "Message Us" button and type "eSim transfer/restore error" and a member of our team will be in touch to assist you with this. If you get stuck on the Codi chat bot, you can type "Consultant" to get through to a team member. 

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit