GK28
Level 3: Gumshoe

Unknown service on my account

Answered

Hi,

I have an unknown service attached to my telstra account. The surname is the same as mine. Today I got an email saying the bill for that unknown person is being prepared and will be sent shortly. 

My question is "how do I delete the 'my telstra' " I expect if I can delete this I can then start another my telstra with just my account/service.

Hope some one can help.

Thanks

GK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GK28
Accepted Solution

Re: Unknown service on my account

Yes it was through the 132200 line. There were a couple of long waits on hold while the operator (Diane in the Philippines call centre) went off to do what was required. The call went for 23min but ultimately a positive experience. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi GK28. 

Deleting My Telstra will not make this go away. 

You will need to speak with our team so we can check your account and see what has occurred here, and then get the service removed from our end if this has been added in error. 

Please speak with our team via the My Telstra App messaging service (link here https://tel.st/zfx4w). Just click on the "Get Help" menu icon and then click on the "Message Us" button and type "Billing" and a member of our team will be in touch to assist you with this. If you get stuck on the Codi chat bot, you can type "Consultant" to get through to a team member. 

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi GK28. 

Just checking in to see if you needed a further hand?

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

GK28

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the follow up. I have only just gotten on to it today using your directions.

The response was that as the other person is an account owner so they can't remove him/his accounts from my account. I indicated this was not acceptable and asked the matter be escalated. I was assured the matter has been escalated to the back end team and I should be contacted soon. So hopefully this can all work out soon as I'm now also getting the sms notifications for this other persons account.

Thanks again for your interest and assistance - happy to hear more if you have any!

Cheers

Greg

RyanH
Support Team
Support Team

OK I understand, fantastic. Yep, I trust our back end team will be in touch to advise the word on this one as soon as this has been resolved. Please let us know when they get in contact.

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

GK28

Hi guys,

I haven't had a response from the back end team. No update, nothing. 

Where to now?

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

Hi GK28, were you given any reference numbers from the teams you contacted about the account display problem? If not then it would be best to contact them again via the app as they can securely access your account to follow up on progress with the esclation.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

GK28

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Feels like I got to keep on doing the same thing and ultimately get nowhere. I do not have any reference numbers. The conversation was via chat. Surely that can be traced at your end as all my contact details were confirmed. A confirmation or transcript of the chat was not emailed to me.

Next time I'm in town I'll go to a telstra shop.

Greg_Buch
Support Team
Support Team

While we can;t request or provide account-specific information via these forums, if you weren;t given any reference details then our teams in the app can help investigate and follow up further from the previous consultant's notes and escalation. 

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

@GK28 wrote:

Next time I'm in town I'll go to a telstra shop.

I doubt that they can assist you. The extra service issue has to be fixed at a system level by Telstra.

Your situation is actually quite serious because you are “getting the sms notifications for this other persons account” which is a breach of privacy and also could be impacting on the other user’s  service.

You have already done the right thing and reported the issue to Telstra Support via their Support chat and also three of their Support Team members @TommyR @RyanH and @Greg_Buch

It’s time to lodge a complaint with Telstra. Include a link to this thread.

GK28

Thanks for your guidance. I have recently received an overdue notice via text message for the other person. I expect he is not actually getting the notifications and will not therefore be reminded to pay his bill. Three weeks is long enough for the problem to have been fixed or at least provide some feedback/update. It is indeed unfortunate that you can not directly assist and more unfortunate that the problem is not resolved. 

Dowser

@GK28 wrote:

I have recently received an overdue notice via text message for the other person. I expect he is not actually getting the notifications and will not therefore be reminded to pay his bill. Three weeks is long enough for the problem to have been fixed or at least provide some feedback/update.

I previously stated:

Your situation is actually quite serious because you are “getting the sms notifications for this other persons account” which is a breach of privacy and also could be impacting on the other user’s  service

It’s time to lodge a complaint with Telstra. Include a link to this thread.

Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero

Hi @GK28

As @Dowser wrote, you need to put in a Complaint. You can use the Complaint link provided above, but I'd personally ring the Complaints team on 1800 247 862.

Over 4 year's ago I had my sister-in-law's (we both have the same first name and surname) Telstra services show up in my Account and my App.

I rang 132200 at the time and spoke to the Complaints team. As this was a breach of Privacy, I was not impressed that I could see all her services in my Account. I would hate for my services to be showing on someone else's Account.

Lucky I knew who the person was and informed my sister-in-law on what was happening. 

The Complaints Team Employee was able to get the services that weren't mine removed from my Account. 

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
GK28

Yep. I'll do the complaint. Thanks for your input. Hope it goes smoothly.

GK28

Yes Team! It did work. Thanks for all the input. Problem resolved. It took around 20 minutes on Friday afternoon and was asked to wait 24 hours for the fix to take. It has. I'll let the powers to be to handle any follow up issues regarding privacy they may wish to pursue. I'm just happy I have my account back.

Thanks

Greg

Smiley3

Hi @GK28,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you were able to finally get the service removed from your Account Smiley Happy

Are you able to post which method of contact to Telstra got your problem solved? This will help customer's in the future if they have the same problem. I'm presuming it was via the phone number I suggested as it usually takes around 5 business day's to be contacted through the Complaints form.

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
GK28
Accepted Solution

Yes it was through the 132200 line. There were a couple of long waits on hold while the operator (Diane in the Philippines call centre) went off to do what was required. The call went for 23min but ultimately a positive experience. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers

View solution in original post

Smiley3

Hi @GK28,

Thankyou for posting the phone number, I'm sure it will help customer's in the future if they have this problem. 

I'll mark your reply as an Accepted Solution so customer's will come across this thread in the future Smiley Wink

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit