GK28
Level 1: Cadet

Unknown service on my account

Hi,

I have an unknown service attached to my telstra account. The surname is the same as mine. Today I got an email saying the bill for that unknown person is being prepared and will be sent shortly. 

My question is "how do I delete the 'my telstra' " I expect if I can delete this I can then start another my telstra with just my account/service.

Hope some one can help.

Thanks

GK

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Unknown service on my account

Hi GK28. 

Deleting My Telstra will not make this go away. 

You will need to speak with our team so we can check your account and see what has occurred here, and then get the service removed from our end if this has been added in error. 

Please speak with our team via the My Telstra App messaging service (link here https://tel.st/zfx4w). Just click on the "Get Help" menu icon and then click on the "Message Us" button and type "Billing" and a member of our team will be in touch to assist you with this. If you get stuck on the Codi chat bot, you can type "Consultant" to get through to a team member. 

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi GK28. 

Just checking in to see if you needed a further hand?

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

GK28
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the follow up. I have only just gotten on to it today using your directions.

The response was that as the other person is an account owner so they can't remove him/his accounts from my account. I indicated this was not acceptable and asked the matter be escalated. I was assured the matter has been escalated to the back end team and I should be contacted soon. So hopefully this can all work out soon as I'm now also getting the sms notifications for this other persons account.

Thanks again for your interest and assistance - happy to hear more if you have any!

Cheers

Greg

RyanH
Support Team
Support Team

OK I understand, fantastic. Yep, I trust our back end team will be in touch to advise the word on this one as soon as this has been resolved. Please let us know when they get in contact.

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit