ANameThatWorks
Level 1: Cadet

Where are my old emails

I've read that emails are kept for 180 days, but what happens to them after that?

In Outlook, I would archive them off to a .PST after 6 months, that way, I always had them in the future.  Is there a way to do that with the online version?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Where are my old emails

There is no way to archive the emails if you are using webmail online. The emails are only deleted in webmail. The emails are only deleted when deleted manually or client set to use POP3 is used to access the emails. Some email clients if set to use POP3 will have  default settings set to remove the emails from server after a certain period of time. This can be changed in the clients settings to never remove emails from server.

ANameThatWorks

Thanks cf4,

So if I understand your response, "The emails are only deleted in webmail."  So they still exist on the server, just webmail no longer shows them.

If that is the case, how can I access the older emails that are on the server?

ANameThatWorks

Maybe an additional bit ... How do others get around this issue or am I just paranoid about keeping old emails?

I can understand that there is a server space constraint, but if that is the case, should I be setting up something else to back up these emails that will disappear after 180 days?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit