PK2445
Level 1: Cadet

Can’t Chromecast Netball Live to two TVs

I have 2 TVs each with a Google Chromecast dongle all on the same home network.

I am able to cast the Netball Live app to one TV/Chromecast dongle ONLY. If I select the other TV to cast to, it won’t play on that TV, but instead it plays on the first  TV. It’s as if Netball Live ‘remembers’ and defaults to the first TV.
This problem only occurs with Netball Live and I am able to cast from other apps to either TV.

Any ideas?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
aaron_h
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Can’t Chromecast Netball Live to two TVs

Hello @PK2445,

Thanks for your message, apologies for any issues casting the Netball Live App.

I also have two screens with a Chromecast, and have been able to play around with

casting to both.

I can stop the video on one screen, and then cast to the other, for me it does not default to

the original screen. There would be a one screen at a time limitation, but as long as it's

stopped on the first screen you should be able to cast to the other.

Could you please start by reinstalling the Netball app, and turning your Chromecasts off for

a few minutes before starting again. You could also try turning on the second Chromecast and

testing before turning on the other.

Also make sure your notifications are enabled for the App, controls are accessible from the

notifications page.

I would also suggest playing around in the Google Home App, check settings for each

screen, and which of your accounts are linked to each. 

If you are using an Android device you can also try mirroring your display via the

Google Home App and seeing if you can cast to the second screen that way.

If you are still having issues, could you please let us know what steps you have tried,

and what device you are using to cast from?

Please let us know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Chris3211

We are also having this issue. 

Telstra netball app only wants to play through our TV’s inbuilt chrome cast and ignore the secondary bedroom chrome cast ultra. 

help?

we tried all the above work around but nothing. 

Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @Chris3211

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with the Netball Live App. 

What device are you using to access the app? (mobile/tablet, make/model etc)

We are aware of an issue when an iOS device is casting to a Chromecast device.

The issue is when there are multiple screen choices, if the other screens are off it should work.

Can you please turn off the Chromecast you don't want to use and see if this allows you to cast to the second device. 

There will be an update to correct it, in the meantime the only work around is to ensure only the one device is on to cast to, please let us know if this works for you, it has for other community members.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

PK2445

Hi Aaron/Kjorg

Success!

Unfortunately I didn’t see Kjorg’s separate reply later until I just logged on to update you so didn’t try any of the later suggestions to resolve the known ‘issue’ from an iOS device (I’m using and iPhone 8 with iOS 13.7).

However, after several attempts over several days, rebooting both Chromecasts, both TVs, the wireless router and reinstalling the Netball Live app on the iPhone, it has worked and we can now cast to both devices.

Can’t work out how to get the screen controls to display and allow pause and stop. They appear and disappear randomly in the app from time to time so any advice on how to get to them would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

PK2445

I also can’t get into ‘ADVANCED SETTINGS’ under ‘Settings’. I had wondered if this is where the problem lay.

After hitting the Advaced Settings’ button, I’m asked for a password and when I enter my Telstra password it returns me to the settings page; is it a different password?

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @PK2445,

Thanks for the update.

Checking the settings of the Netball App on my Android device, and there are no options for advanced settings.

I have asked for an explanation from the tech team, but I suspect the advanced settings is not meant to be there and doesn't do anything.

It should be possible to pause the video by clicking in the centre of the screen, there are also controls at the bottom of the screen. It sounds

like there may still be some issues if they are disappearing for you. Is it the same experience watching a live match and a replay?

Are you able to go into the Google Home App, locate the screen being cast to, and control pause/stop from there? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Alexjohn

We also have this problem.

The Telstra Netball app only plays the TV's built-in chrome trim and ignores the extra chrome trim in the ultra bedroom just visit it.

help?

I tried all of the above, but nothing worked.

Alex John
aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Alexjohn,

Thanks for messaging us here on Crowd Support,

Could you please clarify what you mean my Chrome trim, ultra bedroom etc?

I followed the link you provided to some site about APK's but I'm not sure what that has to do with the Netball Live App.

Alexjohn

its about netball app which i posted it today at night so that's why I share the link that everyone know abut netball app

Alex John
PK2445

Thanks Aaron

Google Home gives me the pause, play, rewind and forward I wanted.

FYI the controls in the Netball app only act on the app which operates separately when Chromecasting.

Cheers

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @PK2445,

Thanks for providing an update,

glad to see you can access controls from the Google Home App at least.

Casting from Android to Chromecast doesn't have this issue, either does casting from

an iOS device to an Apple TV, it is possibly a technical limitation when using iOS and Chromecast

together, I will pass on your feedback to the developers.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit