• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Kjorg
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Netball Chromecast

Hi @Machin

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with Chromecast on the Netball Live App.

What happens when you try to use Chromecast? Are you getting an error message? 

What device are you using to access the Netball Live app? (mobile/tablet, make/model etc)

What version of iOS or Android is your device running? 

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the app to see if this assists? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Machin
Level 2: Rookie

When I try to go onto the Chromecast the screen on my iPhone X ios 12.2 freezes and after at least a dozen tones trying I got a single error message. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and still no luck. It will not let me Chromecast during live play only when the game is over. 

Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @Machin

Thank you for getting back to us.

What is the error message you're getting when you try to Chromecast a live game? 

I've reached out to the technical team for further assistance and will let you know when I hear back form them. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Machin

Today on the 19th of Sept the Chromecast option does not show at all while the game is live. Im NOT happy 

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Machin 

Apologies again for any issues accessing the Netball Live App.

Not all matches are available for casting as the broadcast rights are split

with Channel 9. If the match is live on Channel 9/9Now App, we are not

able to enable casting in the Netball Live App.

To identify which matches can be cast, click on the fixture, locate the match,

then 'How to Watch'. If there is a channel 9 symbol, casting is not enabled,

if it is a Telstra symbol, casting is enabled.

If you continue to experience an error, please let us know what the error message is, and if possible screenshot the page when you click on the Telstra symbol top right corner of the app. (It's the string of letters/numbers beneath the logout button tech support are requesting).

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Machin

Thank you for replying but I would like to know why has this only happened now after I have been able to Chromecast any game that was not on live tv, the entire season? I have been able to have my elderly mother here especially during the midweek games to watch it on my tv through Chromecast but after the netball app update now it’s not possible? 

I understand if it’s on channel 9 you won’t be able to Chromecast it and why would you need to but the games that are only available to Telstra customers on the app why has that changed? 

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Machin,

Thanks for giving us some further details, although we may still not be on the same page.

Thank you for replying but I would like to know why has this only happened now after I have been able to Chromecast any game that was not on live tv, the entire season?

The restriction only applies to matches that are live on Channel 9, you are able to Chromecast any match not

live on 9 or their app, this has not changed.

Both the Netball Live App and Channel 9 have had no restrictions on casting this season for mid-week matches due

to technical limitations imposed by the Covid-19 pandemic, for example the amount of staff allowed on-site at

matches has been reduced dramatically.

Essentially if you can't cast in one of the apps, you will be able to cast in the other.

Please let us know if there are any further questions or concerns.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Machin

This is what comes up when I try to tonight’s game 

Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @Machin

Thank you for getting back to us, my apologies for the delayed response.

Did this error occur when trying to Chromecast? Or just trying to watch the live stream in-app?  

Machin

It happened when trying to Chromecast. 

Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @Machin

The development team are looking in to what may be causing this issue.

They have asked for some additional info, please navigate to More > Netball Live Pass and either copy/paste or take a screenshot of the ID underneath the log out button. 

This will assist them to investigate further. 

Machin

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Machin,

I can see the technical team have received the info requested and are 

still investigating the issue.

Once they give us an update we will pass on the details.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit