UKNetballFan
Level 1: Cadet

Netball Live App Crashing

Over a week now and still no response regarding my original post. All Telstra have done is just send me round and round in circles. Appalling customer service and so disappointed.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
aaron_h
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Netball Live App Crashing

Hello UKNetballFan,

Sorry to see your original post was missed, it was posted to the Tablet section

of Crowd Support, luckily this one has been posted to the Netball Live page.

Thanks for letting us know what troubleshooting you have attempted, can I also please

get your device details? (Model and software version should be in settings>about).

Can you also please confirm if you have tried alternate internet connections?

Has the app been granted any permissions it's requested? (settings>apps>Netball Live>permissions)

Once we have all the details I can escalate to the tech support team for further investigation, please

let us know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

UKNetballFan

Thank you for getting back to me. All permissions have been granted in the Netball Live App and I have tried a few different wi-fi connections, none of which work. 
It is a Fire HD 10 (7th Generation) currently running on Fire OS 5.3.7.2

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

I think that you will find that the problem lies with Fire OS. It is a customised version of Android and is not 100% compatible with the standard Android OS.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
UKNetballFan

It was working really well up until the semi-final weekend...typical! 

Jupiter

The Netball Live app supports Android 8.0 and above.

Fire OS 5.3.7.2 is based on Android 5.1.1 so I think you've been rather lucky to have it running so long. It probably died on your device after the 6th October update (version 2.8.5).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
aaron_h
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @UKNetballFan,

Thanks for providing your details.

As Jupiter has noted, the device used to access the Netball Live App is not running a supported operating system,

the full list of supported devices can be found in the Netball Live Pass terms: https://tel.st/t234p

There weren't any major changes with our most recent update for the app, if you have had access previously it would be worth updating all of the other apps on your device and keeping an eye out for future system updates for Fire OS in case the issue is resolved with a future update.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit