Wrangler1304
Level 1: Cadet

Netball live app frustration

I too cannot watch any replays etc, just get a spinning netball. Everything else is okay.

This worked perfectly last season, and due to the number of people having trouble, there must be an issue with it.

I have done everything suggested: uninstalled and reinstalled app, checked app permissions for location etc  etc.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A, model SM-T350, Android 6.0.1.

I purchased through Google Play and am subscribed until August 2021.

Again, nothing has changed from last year, so we are all extremely frustrated.

Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Netball live app frustration

It seems to only be affecting some people. I've just tried it and I can watch replays with no problems (via Telstra 5G mobile network using Samsung Note 10+5G). Also works on same device through my non-Telstra Home Broadband connection.

The spinning Netball would usually indicate a data issue (slow or lost connection), rather than an issue with the app itself.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
aaron_h
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Wrangler1304

Thanks for your message, sorry to see you've had some issues with the Netball Live App.

Thanks for letting us know your device details and what troubleshooting

has already been attempted.

There is one other community member reporting issues with replays, they are also using a Samsung Tab A,

which may be related. The majority of the issues reported are related to signing in/restoring accounts, which

is normal over the first round of a season for any of our sports apps.

The Netball Live Pass terms lists the minimum version of Android that can support the Netball Live App is Android 8.0.

It's possible the device is no longer able to access all features of the app.

As you did have access last season though can you please provide a few further

details for us to escalate to the app developers?

Have you tried an alternate internet connection? (Turning modem/tablet off and on can also help)

Have all app updates in the Play Store and System updates in settings been actioned?

Is anyone on the network using a VPN? 

Clearing the app memory can also help, settings>applications>Netball Live>storage. 

Please let us know how you go or if there are any further questions.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Wrangler1304

Thanks for your reply. 

I tried using my phone which is Android 9, when I tried to watch replay it took me to the log in screen. I hit Restore Purchase, and got a message saying I dont have any active subscriptions.

I am subscribed until August 2021 so what should I do now please?

Thanks. 

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Wrangler1304,

Thanks for the update.

In order for the app to recognise your Live Pass purchase, you must be 

signed into the correct Google Account in the Play Store.

Please open the Play Store on your mobile and click on the profile

picture next to the search box, you will see an option to sign into an alternate

Google Account, please ensure you have signed into the same account

used to purchase originally.

If you are unsure of which Google Account was used, check inbox's for the

emails Google send when the Live Pass is purchased/renewed.

Please let us know if there are any further questions.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Gavin_11

I've got similar problem on LG X230 phone with Android 6.

It was fine last year, watched many games without problem.

Now all I get is the spinning netball when trying to watch a game. I can see game stats, competition ladder and can play promotion videos, but not much else.

Kjorg
Community Manager

Hi @Gavin_11 

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with the Netball Live App. 

Unfortunately, the Netball Live App is only supported on Android devices running Android 8 and above.

While some features may continue to work, others require an update to Android 8 to be functional. 

My apologies for any inconvenience.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Wrangler1304

Very disappointing to find out that we cant use the devices we have used previously witbout any warning.

This app now becomes useless, and I certainly wont be renewing. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit