Woofie09
Level 1: Cadet

Netball Live app subscription

Answered

I have an auto-renew on my Netball Live app - it renewed Feb 2020. Finally, the netball season got underway, I went to watch a game and the app requested a "restore" of purchase. Bearing in mind that this rubbish app asks users (read your reviews) to restore the purchase many (many!!!!!) times per year, this was not unusual BUT in my case, it would not give me the option to restore but to subscribe - AGAIN. So in the last 5 months, I have paid twice for an app that is a year-long subscription. So - two things
a) please refund my $29.99 - and make my subscription from the most recent purchase to compensate for all the running around I have had to do.

b) employ a software engineer to fix this problem. Last night I went to watch a game and I had to "restore" my purchase at least 5-6 times. I have never come across an app that performs so poorly.

I can supply you with screen shots of my purchase(s)
Choose a board??? Why is even seeking help so complicated?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kjorg
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: Netball Live app subscription

Hi @Woofie09

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with the Netball Live App. 

All subscriptions are attached to the GoogleID or AppleID (depending on what type of device you use) used to purchase, the Netball Live App would only require you to purchase another subscription if you were not signed in to the same Google/AppleID used to purchase. 

I would recommend checking that your orginal purchase was not attached to a different Google/AppleID. 

As we do not have access to Google or Apple systems, we unfortunately are unable to investigate on our end if you have been charged twice to the same account. 

You can contact your chosen app store for further assistance via the below links 

Google Support: https://tel.st/pqqpg   
Apple Support: https://tel.st/uq9m5

As per the terms and conditionsWhen you purchase either a weekly, monthly or yearly subscription, your purchase is via the App Store not with Telstra. If you have a billing issue to resolve, you should contact the App Store. / When you purchase either a weekly, monthly or yearly subscription, your purchase is via the Google Play Store not with Telstra. If you have a billing issue to resolve, you should contact the Google Play Store.

For the technical issues you're experiencing with the app - you shouldn't have to restore your purchase more than once (unless you have deleted the app and reinstalled it) and we've not had any other reports of this here on CrowdSupport which is the official support channel for the Netball Live App.

What device are you using to access the Netball Live App? (mobile/tablet, make/model)

What version of iOS or Android is your device running? 

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the app to see if this assists? 

If using an Android device, please clear the app cache before uninstalling 

I can advise the technical team of your device details for further investigation if you continue to experience the same issue after troubleshooting. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Kjorg
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hi @Woofie09

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing with the Netball Live App. 

All subscriptions are attached to the GoogleID or AppleID (depending on what type of device you use) used to purchase, the Netball Live App would only require you to purchase another subscription if you were not signed in to the same Google/AppleID used to purchase. 

I would recommend checking that your orginal purchase was not attached to a different Google/AppleID. 

As we do not have access to Google or Apple systems, we unfortunately are unable to investigate on our end if you have been charged twice to the same account. 

You can contact your chosen app store for further assistance via the below links 

Google Support: https://tel.st/pqqpg   
Apple Support: https://tel.st/uq9m5

As per the terms and conditionsWhen you purchase either a weekly, monthly or yearly subscription, your purchase is via the App Store not with Telstra. If you have a billing issue to resolve, you should contact the App Store. / When you purchase either a weekly, monthly or yearly subscription, your purchase is via the Google Play Store not with Telstra. If you have a billing issue to resolve, you should contact the Google Play Store.

For the technical issues you're experiencing with the app - you shouldn't have to restore your purchase more than once (unless you have deleted the app and reinstalled it) and we've not had any other reports of this here on CrowdSupport which is the official support channel for the Netball Live App.

What device are you using to access the Netball Live App? (mobile/tablet, make/model)

What version of iOS or Android is your device running? 

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the app to see if this assists? 

If using an Android device, please clear the app cache before uninstalling 

I can advise the technical team of your device details for further investigation if you continue to experience the same issue after troubleshooting. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Woofie09
Level 1: Cadet

Dear Kjorg

I find it ASTOUNDING that you have never heard of the restore subscription issue before - if you read the reviews of this app you would see plenty of feedback regarding this. Today I went to watch 30 mins in my lunch break but spent 10 minutes "restoring" my purchase - at least 20 times! Are you seriously suggesting that I uninstall and reinstall the app every time I use it?

I am using an Android tablet - used the subscription last year on it, and renewed it this year on it. 

Im not sure how  you can sell a product and then take no responsibility for payment.issues...I dont think the profits from this app are going to Google or Apple. Would be nice if Telstra offered some real product support.

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Woofie09,

Thank you for providing those details.

All support for the Netball Live Pass is here on Crowd Support,

not in the App or Play Stores, all links for support in the App lead here.

There has now been one other customer report a similar issue, so there is likely

an issue needing investigating, but to do so we need further information.

First step is to rule out an account related issue by ensuring the correct Google Account

is signed into the Play Store. To check subscriptions, open the Play Store>Menu>Subscriptions.

Once we are certain the correct account is being used, we then need to rule out a device

related issue. This involves uninstalling and reinstalling the app, clearing the cache, turning

off and on, ensuring all system updates have been actioned, checking all app updates have been

actioned, trying an alternate internet connection. Please let us know if you need direct instructions on any of these steps.

If there is still a further issue, we need to replicate it so we can find a fix, issues sometimes only impact certain models or Android versions. To replicate the fault, we need your device details including Android version. Most Android devices have this information listed in settings>about.

Once we have enough info we can pass the details on the the technical team for further investigation.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit