Big_Red_KS
Level 2: Rookie

Unable to cast replays via Chromecast

This error also happened last week and is now happening again today. 
I have been able to cast replays to my TV via Chromecast. The error message that appears is: Casted video failed to play. I am an advanced IT user so have done the usual troubleshooting which included: closing and restarting the App ; resetting Chromecast;  resetting the wifi router; Checking that it was able to cast via Chromecast using another App (which it was working fine). 

So I cannot see that the problem is on my end.

I have been able to cast live games, it’s just the replays I can’t see. The ability to do this was one of my main reasons for purchasing a subscription. 

I would like this fixed ASAP please. 
Kerryn

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Hjade

Re: Unable to cast replays via Chromecast

Having the same issue, would like some information on when/how this can be fixed

aaron_h
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @Big_Red_KS,

Thanks for your message, apologies for any issues with the Netball Live App.

I've just gone through the last 10 matches or so and had no issues casting to either of my Chromecast's.

Could you please provide us your device details so we can attempt to replicate the issue?

@Hjade if you could also provide your details we can investigate further.

If you are using Android devices, what happens when you open the Google Home App and locate the screen

you want to watch on, and select cast my screen? Are you then able to open the Netball App and watch replays this way?

Please provide device details including software version and I will forward onto the technical team. Can you also

confirm which version Chromecast is in use? 

Please let us know how you go, you can find device details listed in settings>about or settings>general>about.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Hjade

iPhone 11, software version 13.4.1. 3rd generation google chromecast

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Hjade,

Thank you for supplying your device details, the tech team are investigating.

They have requested if it's possible to provide a screenshot of the page after

clicking on the cast symbol, the page that you select what screen you want to

cast to.

@Big_Red_KS  if you could also confirm your device details and a screenshot, we

can then pinpoint the issue, it appears to be related to iOS devices casting to a Chromecast.

If you would prefer to email us the screenshot/device details please let us know and we

will send a private message with contact details.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Hjade

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Hjade,

Thanks for providing the screenshot, I have passed it onto the tech support team.

They are working on a fix, once ready it's then a matter of getting the update released through the App Store.

As soon as we get an update we will let you know.

If any other community members are also impacted and come across this thread, please let us know your device and Chromecast 

details to assist investigation.

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Hjade,

The tech team have asked to confirm if that is the first screen after pressing

the cast button?

It should look something like this:

They seem to have a good idea of what the issue is, these details

should help them confirm.

Hjade

No the picture you’ve just sent is the first screen, then after I select the device I get the screen I sent a picture of.

It only happens with replays, live matches work fine.

aaron_h
Community Manager

hello @Hjade,

We have identified the issue is likely generated when an iOS device has multiple screens it can cast to.

There will be an update to fix the issue, in the meantime, if only the device you want to cast to

is turned on, you should be able to watch replays without the error message.

Please let us know how you go, when we get confirmation of the update we will pass on the details.

Big_Red_KS

I get the same page and error.

Big_Red_KS

Hi,

Even if the TV I'm casting to is turned on, I still can't watch a replay.

I have an iPad Pro running software version 13.6.1

Google Home cast firmware version 1.42.172094

And yes, I do have multiple devices to cast to. I get the same error when casting to both TV's.

Kerryn

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Big_Red_KS,

Thanks for those details.

As I mentioned, we suspect the issue is when there are multiple screens to

cast to.

What happens when only one screen is on to cast to?

Hjade

Thanks, I have just tried and it’s working now. I have a google home mini which as it’s not a screen I hadn’t even thought about it causing a problem but after unplugging it the replay worked fine. Thanks for all your help

Big_Red_KS

Makes no difference if only one device is available to cast to. 

I’ve just tried again now and this time I did not get an error message, it just didn’t work. The game paused on my iPad but then nothing happened. 

I tried to logon using my mobile phone because it is Android, but that gave me a whole new problem telling me that I don’t have an active subscription but it didn’t even ask for my emails address.

I’m beginning to wonder why I even bothered with the app and subscription. I am one very unhappy customer at the moment. 

All I want to do is watch the Vixens play when I’ve missed them live. 

Living in hope this is fixed before the season ends, 

Kerryn

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Big_Red_KS 

Sorry to see there are still some issues.

All the testing on our end and reports from other community members indicated

the issue was resolved when there was only one device to cast to, it's possible there

are further issues in your case.

We have released an update for iOS devices with a fix for the error,

please let us know how you go casting once you have updated.

Big_Red_KS

It just gets worse. I am not able to cast at all. Instead of watching the current game on my TV, I'm watching the game on my iPad. There is now NO OPTION TO CAST at all !!!!!The cast button does not appear at all.

My iPad is up to date. Netball live app version 2.9.4 (420). iPadOS 13.7

I'm really sick of this.

How cab I log in via my mobile using the same subscription?

aaron_h
Community Manager

Hello @Big_Red_KS,

Thanks for providing those details.

As per the terms accepted to access a Netball Live Pass: Telstra’s agreement with Netball Australia restricts the display of some live match videos to a 13 inch screen size. Match highlights and match replays are available for viewing in full screen size.

This means that not all matches are available for casting, as Telstra is not the only broadcast partner with Netball Australia. With the challenges

this season has presented, there have been some matches where this restriction has not been enforced.

To identify which matches can be cast, head to the Match Centre and locate the applicable match. Listed in the How to Watch section is either

a Channel 9 symbol, or a Telstra TV symbol. Only the matches with the Telstra TV symbol can be cast. To watch a match that can only be

cast with Channel 9, please download the 9Now App.

To access your Live Pass on any iOS device, open the App Store and sign into the same Apple ID as was used to purchase, from there open the 

Netball Live App and 'restore app store purchase'.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit